Part 20 Reconnecting

"Naira yeh Kavya kya bol rahi hai" asked Arohi but Naira didn't know what to say.. but saying nothing would be bad too..

"Well your silence is speaking volume so it must be true"  Naira thought she can't hide it anymore.

"Yeah it is true It did start out as an affair but then turned to love and I couldn't keep lying to myself or to Salil our marriage was doomed from the start"

"I can't believe I am hearing this you guys were happy together but Kartik ruined your marriage"

"no it's not like that di you can't save something that is already broken I never felt attracted to Salil those feelings were never there..we um never consummated our marriage"

"Never ever?" Arohi asked her registering all this news!

"Yah"

"and with Mr flirt"

"don't call him that he um persued me.. I wasn't interested but then we started working together and?"

"Oh my gosh you started sleeping with him i am right na" Naira slowly nodded her head.

"Hmm it started off that way but then..

"Naira you were carrying Kartik's baby  your affair was going on for ages!" Naira wanted to tell Arohi at her paced but she kept jumping ahead and losing her baby was a traumatic experience.

"I lost my baby and all you can say is the affair was going on for so long? bas bahut hogaya di mujhe galtiya hoti hai ok I am not perfect I had an affair but do I regret it no?  I don't because now I am happily engaged to the love of my life we have come this far and we are serious about each other"

"Di Naira is happy and masimaa has also given her bles-

"Kavya bas ab chup!

"Wait masimaa knew too? Kavya who else am I the only person who doesn't"

"Salil, Savitri maa or bua... said Kavya

"Salil knew? Arohi looked at Naira for confirmation.

"Eventually yes di but by that time he was also-

"Bas Naira enough now" snapped Arohi  "you weren't even going to mention this any of it? only through Kavya I came to know"

"Well it's not something I broadcast and yes I felt it was irrelevant because we are getting married and the biggest reason I didn't tell you was because you will judge me and I was right"

"Naira..yes I am disappointed in you but-

"But kuch nai di mein jare hu this was a mistake masimaa told me to tell everyone that me and Kartik are engaged but if my to be pati gets this type of welcome then we can do without it" Naira turned to Kavya and held her little sister's hand.

"I'll call you later and haan masimaa said for you to call her" Naira saw the silence and left she did not want to stay after how Arohi just spoke with her.

*
"Mera baby" he said whilst hugging her frame holding his sherni close  "Arohi di ka support nai hai Kartik" he saw her tear stricken face he wiped them and then  he cupped her face he came closer.

"To hell with her then"

"Kartik! yes I am angry but she is still my sister ese maat bolo" she removed his hands

"Darling she can't understand your happiness then what kind of sister is that" he yelled to which he received silence.

"Arohi di she has always been there and I have a lot of respect for her I can't fallout with her, look its my problem I will deal with it in my way" she said