Boarding the ship

( In this story you are a red crewmate, enjoy!)

I hugged my family before I headed off to the ship. Me and 9 others were going to space for the next 5 years! I am so happy I needed to get away from my family...

"Come get your space suits!" Said a tall man over near the entrance of the ship. I walked over to the man and he handed me a red spacesuit, with a small backpack attached to the back, and a large piece of glass on the front of the headpiece of the spacesuit.

After I got my suit on I looked around to see the 9 others that I would be stuck with for the next five years. I saw 3 girls and the 6 others were boys. The three girls were dressed in Pink, Yellow, and brown. The boys I saw were dressed in Black, Green, Blue, White, Purple, and Orange.

When all of us had our suits on we boarded the ship. Right, when I stepped inside a cold air hit me. The walls were plain gray, and the floor was the same color but it was smoother than the walls, which was weird because every step you took on these floors you almost slipped. And in some of the corners of the room were vents, that were so big a person could hide in them.

Me and all the other people boarding the ship had gone to school for five years training for this moment. The teachers said the last time they had done this the passengers went crazy and killed each other, some of the passengers were even pushed out of the ship and their bodies were found later during the search party. But that won't happen again... Right? 

(Hi this was a short chapter but I will get a new chapter out as soon as I can!)