𖣔

WARNING: If you have a male bestfriend, this story will teach you to run to him right now and confess that you're in love with him so you can have 'your' kind of moment.

"I already picked navy blue suit for tonight and now you're saying wear the black one." Kiaan complained.

"Who told you to pick the blue one? I always select your attire." Natasha huffed.

"Nat, how will it matter if I wear the black one or blue one? The dress code is always for couples. And besides that you are from Bride's side while I am going just as a business associate from Groom's side." Kiaan reasoned, his voice almost inaudible due the commotion on the other side. She thought he must be busy in the office.

"I don't care about that. We will be going together to the wedding so we need to match. No further arguments." Natasha declared.

"It's not like you're going to listen to me." Kiaan complained from the other side of phone.

"Right. Pick me up at 7." Natasha said, nodding a little no matter he couldn't see her.

"Alright. I need to go for a meeting right now so I'll talk to you later." Kiaan said and Natasha bid him byes hanging up the phone.

She made her way towards the bedroom only to see her now favourite maroon ethnic dress laid out on the bed. She always thought that blue doesn't go too well with maroon or let's just say she likes to see her bestfriend in black more.

After many pleadings, threats and warnings from her mother, she finally agreed to attend the reception of the wedding of her female cousin. She was never a fan of family functions or attendings so she easily skipped the pre wedding and main wedding functions, lying about work being the main reason.

And now she had to attend the reception that was tonight in the dress her mother sent. Her happiness was no bounds when she got to know that her bestfriend, Kiaan Aggarwal is going to attend the same reception because of business relations with the Groom.

Being at 26, her mother always pestered her to get married. No matter how many times she had told them that she doesn't trust anyone on that level to get in such a sacred bond, her mother just doesn't listens. Even today she had told her to bring a date no matter if it's a fake one because every girl in the family was all set to bring their boyfriends and Natasha could still care less. She has more important work rather than to find a fake boyfriend. So the best idea she could come up with was going with Kiaan. Although, her whole family knows about Kiaan being her bestfriend, what she cared about was that she got a partner for tonight.

She was now standing in front of the full length mirror in her room done with the makeup which she preferred light and her black messy curls that reached her waist. It was already 6:55 and she knew Kiaan was about to arrive where she was dressed in her dress' blouse and black tights. Just as she was about to wear her ethnic skirt, the doorbell rang indicating the arrival of Kiaan.

Running in her small blouse and black tights, bare feet, she reached for the door revealing a full dressed Kiaan, in a black expensive suit.

"What the fuck Nat? You're still not dressed and I thought I'll get a good listening from you about getting late." Kiaan complained.

"Dude you're early." Natasha huffed.

"Two minutes early. Right." Kiaan said looking at his silver rolex watch and Natasha just shrugged in response.

"Why the hell are you standing on the door like this? People will see you." Kiaan said getting inside her apartment, closing the door after.

"I was about to get dressed and you came." Natasha explained getting back inside her room with Kiaan following.