Kidcraft (Pt.2)

"Honey, where's my hat?" I yelled form across the house.

"Which one?" Bea yelled back.

"The one that looks good on me!"

"That could be anything?"

"Good answer, black with wide brim!"

"Coat rack!"

"Thanks, love!"

I rush to the front door and take my hat off the top of the rack. I feel a little hand tugging on leg of my pants and look down to see my little Blair. They're completely dressed except for their shoes which are untied. 

"Do you need help, hon?"

They nod.

I bend down to tie their shoes. They've grown so much in these past couple months. They can get dressed on their own and Bea is teaching them to read and write, and though we have a few temper tantrums here and there, we push through.

"There you go," I told them, finishing up just as Beatrix came in.

"Sybil, is it our turn to bring the candles today?"

"No clue, just bring some just in case."

"White should be fine?"

"Bring some black too for protection."

"Alright," she mumbles, stuffing assorted colors of candles into a satchel, "this should be fine."

"Alright, let's go," I pressed, "I don't want to be late to the coven meeting and get the stink eye from Marian and Richard again."

With that, we left and headed out on our walk to the meeting sight. It was a bit of a ways out, but well worth the hike. It's a beautiful house in the middle of the woods, but close to a clearing in the hillside. It's absolutely perfect and belong to the worst person in the world. The Lady of the Clearing, also known as Maige. She's a bitter old woman who doesn't understand that Bea and I are married with a child. She also doesn't understand how Blair is neither a girl or a boy. The also hates everything I do for absolutely no reason.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We approach the house in the woods, illuminated by the candles circling it as though they were a halo. Black wax dripped down, but disappeared before it could ever even hit the ground. Salt covered the ground around the house, little speckles of it turning black as we stepped over it, purifying our energies before we entered.

Maige didn't trust Blair the first time they came to the coven meeting with us, so she drew protection spells all over herself and she told them that it would burn Blair if they touched her. I don't blame her for being weary of a spirit, but she flat out lied about the spell burning them. Protection spells only protect against bad intentions, and Blair has never had a bad intention in their life. Retched old woman.

We walked into the home in the foyer to see twenty or so witches mingling and talking. A face looks to the door and instantly lights up.

"Sybil! Beatrix! So good to see you!" Grace basically shrilled, rushing towards me, hitching her dress up so she didn't trip, "And you're on time too! That's wonderful!"

She wrapped Bea and I in a hug then turned to Blair.

"Aw, hi there Blaire!" she cooed, kneeling down to get on their level, "Don't tell your mamas, but I made you a specially charged quartz. It charged under the blue moon a couple nights ago."

"Grace, it is so good to see you again," Bea chimed, "And I'm sure if he could speak, they'd be thanking you. Blair, can you do what we've practiced?"

Blair took the tips of their flattened hand touched it to the place on the pumpkin where their mouth would be and quarter arched it outward.

"Which means thank you!" Bea said as she looked onto our child with pride.

"Well, they're smart like their mama."

"Ay!" a disgruntled voice came from the other room, "Everyone get to the living room, we're going to start soon!"

"Well, I'll see you in there!" she says, rushing to the living room, her dreadlocks trailing behind her.

"Did you know my sister would be here?" Bea whispered.

"No, of course not. We haven't seen her since your mother's funeral."

"Well I don't want to see her, not today. She's just pretending like nothing happened"

"Honey, Grace is a good person, she just said some bad things. Besides, you know her style, she's very forgive and forget."

"But it's not her place to forgive!"
"Into the living room!" the voice called again.

Each witch gathered into the Livingroom, Bea, Blair, and I all sitting on one of the couches near the fireplace.

The meeting went by, fairly uneventful. Just the general protection spell, séance, and palm readings.

Afterwards, Maige came by to say hello, in her special way.

"Hello Sybil, Bea, pumpkin boy."

"Blair isn't a boy, we've been over this."

She grumbled and continued.

"So, have you taken up the offer of meeting my nephew? You're nearing the end of your prime."

I kept reminding myself to breathe and not harm her.

"Aw, thank you, but I am married. To Beatrix. For four years."

"Don't be silly, I can set up a date. You don't want to be a spinster, do you?"

"I'll take the date." Bea said, giving me a mischievous side smirk.

"Ah, pish posh, you're not his type at all." She grumbled walking away.

When she was out of earshot, we both erupted in laughter.

An hour or so more of socializing and we decided it was time to go, so we went to the front yard to retrieve Blair as always.

They were playing in the grass and making flower crowns and playing tag with the other children of the coven like always, but then, I noticed something ...different. 

They were with this little girl, couldn't've been older than ten, so about how old he looked. She was wearing a lacy black dress with pigtails and black gloves. She wasn't playing around with the other kids, I assume because she was afraid of getting dirty, but Blair came up to her with a bouquet of daises they ripped out of Maige's garden. She took them, happy as can be, and suddenly seemed to remember something. She gave them a little candy that she had stored in one of her pockets.

I pointed this out to Bea

"Bea," I whined, on the brink of tears, "Look, our little baby's first loveeee."

"Darling, are you sure they aren't just friends?"

"Just let me have this."
"Yes, ma'am."

"Baby?"

"Yes, my love?"

"Thanks."

"For what?"

"For giving me the chance to be a mom, every good bit of it, every bad part of it, and every beautiful part of it."

Author's note: Okay, so, I didn't think I'd give myself so much plot to work with in this last part to it, so, I've decided to let you all vote when all the short stories are done on which one will become a full length story.