𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐬𝐭.\\ Zen (Hyun Ryu) x Male!Reader

"𝚁𝚎𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚙 𝙼𝚎𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚖"

× 𝗧𝗮𝗴𝘀 : ×
• slight angst ;
• falling for your best friend ;
• unrequited feelings .

× 𝗪𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀 : ×
• major spoilers for Zen's route .

× 𝗞𝗲𝘆 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗱𝘀 : ×
(Y/n) - your first name ;
(L/n) - your last name .

~~~~

No one remembers at what point Hyun and (Y/n) met for the first time.

It seemed like you two were always together, and it couldn't be otherwise.
Even though you were not alike, you were so close for such a long time and understood each other so well, that no one would actually be surprised if your feelings eventually grew out of friendship bounds.

To some, what was happening before their eyes seemed like a living fairy tale about a handsome prince who fell for a heartless king from a neighboring kingdom, and taught him to love again.

But we all know there is too little truth in fairy tales.

****

"I promise, man. I'll move out once I get my first paycheck." Hyun said, clutching the controller. He moved a bit on the couch, trying to get into a more comfortable position so that you both had enough room. The upcoming actor glanced down at one of your feet resting casually between his legs, then returned his gaze to the TV, concentrating on winning the game.

"Don't bother too much," you replied slowly, not taking your eyes off the screen. "We're happy to have you here. Mom literally can't get enough of you. As if a model has left the cover of one of her glossy magazines and settled in our apartment."

The albino snickered.

"But still. I don't want to be a burde--"

"Hold on," you interrupted, putting down the controller and grabbed the ringing phone from the table. Hyun paused the game and gazed at you.

"Who's that?" he asked, noticing you staring on the screen.

"Unknown number." you responded, making the boy's heart drop.

"W-what!?" Hyun exclaimed, jumping on the spot. "It could be someone from the theater calling! Answer it, come on!"

"Wait a bit," you cut him off. "You can't pick up right away. We need to pretend that we are busy men."

You waited a couple more seconds, watching the albino with the corner of your eye. He seemed extremely nervous, fidgeting on his place and staring strictly on your phone, as if he was afraid this mysterious person would stop calling at any moment.

"Hello?" you finally asked, holding the phone closer to your ear.

"Hello. Am I speaking to Mister... Mister (L/n), Hyun Ryu's agent, right?"

"That's me." you confirmed, flashing a quick glance to your best friend.

"Is that..?" Hyun asked silently with his lips only, and you nodded, making the boy freeze on the couch. He listened carefully to every word that came out of the speaker.

"No, tell him we don't agree on the amount." you said, checking your nails.

"Wh--? No, wait!" the albino whispered/shouted. "Dude, we already discussed it. I really appreciate that you're trying to add another number to my fee, but I'm the beginning actor, and they have a right to--"