𝐟𝐥𝐮𝐟𝐟.\\ gender.neutral!Jaehee Kang x Male!Reader

"𝙰𝚍𝚞𝚕𝚝 𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚕𝚍"

× 𝗧𝗮𝗴𝘀 : ×
• 3d pov ;
• highscool crushes .

× 𝗪𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀 : ×
• spoilers for Jaehee's route .

× 𝗞𝗲𝘆 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗱𝘀 : ×
(Y/n) - your name ;
(color)ette - brunette/ravenette/etc .
oppa/hyeong - is similar to 'senpai' and 'nii-san' in a way. It means 'older brother' and is used when a person refers to an older man who they trust (oppa - when a female is speaking to a male; hyeong - when a male is speaking to a male).
Hope I didn't mess this up .-.

a/n:
I struggled to get my scholarship back, but failed anyway, so here, have a small love story of two people, that are responsible about their studies, unlike me, lol.
I assume a lot of readers are here for MxM oneshots, and may not be fond of het pairing, which is why I decided to make Jaehee gender-neutral.

Also Part 2 of Jumin's oneshot is on the way.

~~~~

It's him. It's definitely him.
He hasn't changed since high school, almost, except became even more handsome, taller and... more mature, perhaps. The (color) business suit fits him far better than the school uniform they used to wear.

"Hello?" he asks, leaning forward slightly, forcing Jaehee to finally come out of trance. "Can I see Mr. Han?"

His voice changed as well, but didn't lose its ability to make the brunette's heart skip a beat from time to time.

"Mr. Han's on the meeting." the assistant says as calmly as possible, fixing their glasses in a nervous gesture, avoiding eye contact.
'Welcome back to school years, Jaehee...'

"It's fine. I'll wait."

(Y/n) tries to speak as softly as possible, feelings the tension between him and the assistant, even if he doesn't know what caused such a reaction.

He doesn't seem to recognize his classmate. The one who sometimes stayed after to study with the homeroom president, even if their grades were fine as ever. Of course, out of thirty people in the class, why would he remember the unremarkable Jaehee Kang? After all these years, and with these glasses Mr. Han makes them wear.

"Please, take a seat," Jaehee says, pointing to a couple of armchairs in the waiting room. "May I offer you something, as you wait?"

"Your company will be enough." (Y/n) responds, leaving the assistant speechless for a couple of seconds, until they're asked to come closer.

"I'm not sure I'm allowed to take a sudden break like this." Jaehee mumbles, but still sits down beside the (color)ette.

"You're not taking a break. You serve a company guest, don't you?" (Y/n) asks with a small smile. Jaehee couldn't help but nod in fascination. "Let me ask you a question. Do you prefer tea or coffee? "

* * * *

"I'm sorry that you have to stay after classes because of me, (oppa/hyeong)..."

"You don't have to call me (oppa/hyeong). We're in the same class after all," (Y/n) chuckled. "Don't worry, Jaehee. I'm always glad to help you."

They both got up from their desks, collect their notebooks and textbooks, and left the classroom, chatting about nothing as they walked through the empty hall.

"By the way. You prefer tea or coffee?" (Y/n) asked, as they passed the staff room.

"Coffee," the brunette replied without hesitation. "Why asking?"