Chapter 6

"Do you know my dad!?"  I shrieked shaking the letter in my hand at the boys.

"I'm sorry, Dewberry...." Harry began, but I didn't wait for him to finish. I ran from the room, water flooding out of orbs of ocular observation. The only comfort I had in that moment was knowing that I was NOT an ugly crier, so Harry Styles still thought I was hot and would want to marry me. 

Growing up without my dad was one thing, but I'd always assumed he was out there...famous and rich and waiting for the day I could return to him. I had spent much of my youth comparing photos of myself with celebrities to figure out which one could possibly be my father to no avail, but still I knew he had to be famous or else this story wouldn't be interesting and this twist would be pointless. 

At the doorway I paused, remembering my fallen comrade, "Please," I gasped between shuttering sobs, "Remy...he's dying...get him to the rat hospital before it's too late!" I then resumed my dramatic exit.

I ran through the living room where Liam was doing a live stream to apologize for the latest homophobic thing he'd said while doing a tik tok dance to remain revelant to the youth and out onto the sidewalk. I paused, blinking at the bright sunlight: this was the first time I'd been allowed outside the house, let alone the kitchen. I was shocked to discover that I was being housed in a brownstone located in the middle of what appeared to be a bustling London street and not tucked away in some manor on the countryside of France. I stood still, confused about the sound, lights, and people after weeks of solitude and darkness. 

Behind me, I heard the door open and Harry's voice call out, "Oi! Lis'en Dewberry, you've got it all wrong!"

I swung around to face him while stumbling backwards into the street, the hurricanes of water fleeing from my ocean blue visionary contraptions impairing my vision, "Leave me alone, Harry! You wouldn't understand!" I pulled my locks of dirty blonde hair with natural pink highlights into a messy bun atop my head. Having my hair like that always helped me calm down.

Harry's face changed into one of horror, "Dewberry look out--" 

But it was too late: the bus had already hit me at full speed.