Chapter Eight

I fell to my knees in shock, tears streaming down my face, "what???" I let out in a strangled sob. 

Zayn shook his head, "See? I told you guys you should just leave she can't handle this much shock at one time..." 

I cut him off with a wave of my hand: I needed answers, "Why, Namjoon...dad, why did you leave? Why didn't you stay with me and mom? Why are you coming back now?" 

Namjoon ran a hand through his bleached blond locks and sighed, "Dewberry, I'm an international superstar, I wasn't about to throw that all away for some kid....but then, I saw that your mom had sold you to One Direction--our long time rivals and I knew I had to step in. I came as soon as we could! And then we hit you with the van..." 

I knew everything he told me was true. Salty tears began to stream down my face from my lapis lazuli blue orbs and onto my perfect skin. I couldn't believe I was finally reunited with my dad! And that he wasn't dead! I stepped forward to hug Namjoon when Niall grabbed my arm. 

"Don't listen to him, Dewberry. None of BTS is your dad, especially not Namjoon. Look at the facts: he's like 26 or something and you're 17. How would that work? He would have had to have been whatever 26 minutes 17 is when he had you!" 

I stepped back. Niall was right; I hadn't realized before because I'm wayyy too pretty to be doing math, "What's really happening here?"

Yoongi sighed, "Fine. The truth is we want to buy you from one direction so you can cook for us. We heard how good your cooking was and we want someone to cook for us when we're on tour..." 

I smiled and tucked a spare strand of hair behind my ear. Finally, someone who appreciated my cooking!! But One Direction wasn't willing to part with me so easily and so after a few moments of disgruntled British noises, Harry stepped forward with a challenge: "You can't buy Dewberry from us. But we're willing to battle you for her...dance battle you!" 

Everyone in the hospital hallway gasped. BTS was known for their dance moves...there was no way that One Direction could beat them! What was Harry thinking?? Jungkook grinned and nodded in agreement: there was no way they would lose! My tears changed from joy to sadness. I was going to lose my first real family, one direction! 

Harry and Jungkook stepped into the middle of the hallway while the rest of us gave them space. They had just begun to prepare for the dance battle of the century when the door at the end of the hallway burst open and a flood of light spilled into the wing. 

"Stop!" A voice squeaked and from the light beam spilled two figures: one a rat in a chef hat and the other a mouse in a preppy little outfit. 

"Harry what's happening?! I thought Remy died??" I screamed. Then Remy drew a large chef knife and laughed maniacally. The dance battle would have to wait...