Year 1 - 3

'That foul git!' Fred shouted. You'd never seen him so riled up before. Him and George began to angrily pace in front of the bench you were sat on. 'I have a mind to teach him a lesson or two!'

'Why didn't you tell us before (Y/N)?' George asked, stopping his pacing and turning to face you, looking concerned. 'We would've helped you get your own back ages ago!'

'I thought if i ignored them, it might just go away.' You said in defeat. Fred stopped pacing and put his hand on your shoulder, squeezing it slightly.

'This calls for something big Georgie.' He said to his brother. 'I think we might have to start our trials a little early.'

'Could be dangerous Freddie.' George responded. You looked over to George, and saw him grinning from ear to ear. He wasn't trying to warn Fred: he was encouraging him.

'(Y/N), meet us in this exact spot after curfew.' Fred said, winking at you, 'we want to show you something that'll blow your mind.'

------------

It was a good thing you'd learnt how to cast lumos already, the corridor was pitch black. It was strange seeing it like this. 'Where are they?' you thought to yourself, 'if i get caught sneaking out, i'll murder them both!'

Suddenly, you were grabbed from behind. Before you could call out, a hand clasped over your mouth. The figure leaned in and began to whisper in your ear.

'Sneaking around after dark, anyone would think you were... up to something.' Fred did his best Snape impression, you giggled into his hand before he let you go.

'Idiot!' You said, lightly hitting him on the shoulder, Fred pretended to wince.

'We want to show you something wicked.' George said

'But not here,' Fred continued, 'come with us.'

They led you to a painting of an old man you didn't recognise holding what looked like some kind of potion.

'Felix felicis' Fred said

The man in the painting greeted the boys as old friends, and then slowly the painting began to open, revealing itself to be guarding a secret room.

'What is this place?' You asked as you entered the small room, it was nearly empty apart from a few chairs and tables, you sat at one of them as Fred pulled out a piece of parchment from his robes and laid it out on the table in front of you.

'Show her Georgie.' He said

George took out his wand, and tapped it on the parchment.

'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.' he announced. Ink appeared on the parchment as it revealed itself to be a map. The amazing part was not only did it show the entire layout of the school, but also appeared to show the location of every person within it.

'What is this?' You asked

'/That/ is the secret to our success!' Fred said, giving you a wink.

'It shows all of Hogwarts.' George said

'And everyone in it' Fred added

'Where they are.'

'What they're doing.'

'Every minute.'

'Of every day.'

'Wow! Where did you get this?' You asked, still amazed at this seemingly impossible magic.

'Nicked it from Filch's office of course! First year.' Fred said proudly. You looked at his smile, he had dimples... you'd never noticed them before.

'Speaking of Filch,' George interrupted your train of thought. 'If we're going to get those slimy snakes back - err, no offence - we'll need your help with something first.'

'Oh yeah? And what's that?' You said curiously

'We need something from Filch's office, but he's been in there all evening, so first, we need to get him out of the way.' George replied

'Have they taught you colloportus yet?' Asked Fred. You nodded. 'Good, here's the plan...'

------------

You hid behind a pillar waiting for the boys' signal. You saw the door to Filch's office swing open, and the twins take off running at a steady pace, closely followed by Filch himself shouting obscenities down the muggle studies corridor, towards what you knew to be a dead end.

'Now!' They shouted back to you in unison. You quickly came out of your hiding spot and closed the door behind them, and used the locking charm to secure it. Not long after, you hear the boys approach.

'How does he fall for that /every/ time?' George laughed.

'You'd think the old man would've realised that there was a secret passage down that way by now!' Fred added.

As you entered Filch's office, the boys headed straight for the chest at the back, you could tell they'd done this a thousand times before. George pulled out a paper bag from the chest and flashed you a smile.

'We'd better get out of here before Snape comes patrolling this way.' He said

'We'll explain the plan on the way.' Decided Fred.

----------------

You made sure you were the first back to the common room after dinner, and set yourself up in the corner where the other first year Slytherin's usually sat. As you heard the distinctive bragging of Draco Malfoy, you opened up the brown paper bag in clear view.

'What are you doing in our spot?' He spat at you, 'And what have you got there?' He snatched the bag out of your hands. 'Ahh, you brought some sweets for us? How thoughtful.' He mocked, taking one from the bag and passing it around to the others. They all took one, even Daphne. You just sat back and waited.

'What's happening to me?' Pansy screamed, ugly boils and warts appearing on her face.

'hat hab ou done do us?' Draco shouted, his tongue had extended all the way down to his stomach, and was continuing to grow longer.

The group all exchanged looks, and then ran from the common room trying to cover their afflictions. You felt a wave of satisfaction. You didn't want to be there when they came back after the effects wore off, so you quickly got up and headed towards the hall where Fred and George said they'd wait for you.

'So, how did it go?' Fred asked upon seeing you arrive.

'It was bloody brilliant!' You said excitedly, 'I've never seen them look so embarrassed!'

'Wish we could've been there to see it,' said George, 'could've done with taking down the results for our testing.'

'I can't believe you guys made them yourselves!' You said.

'You almost sound surprised at our genius.' Fred joked, pretending to be hurt. 'That's not the only thing we've been working on, come with us.'

They led you to the astronomy tower before taking you through another secret passageway that led to a sort of balcony. The view from up here was like nothing you'd ever seen before, you could see almost all of the grounds from here - it was breathtaking.

'Stand back, we still haven't perfected these yet.' George said, putting his arm in front of you. The boys produced tiny sparkly gold fireworks in front of you, that fizzed and popped as they exploded. It reminded you of going to bonfire night displays with your mum back home, but you'd never seen them dance around directly in front of you like this.

'How did you manage this?' You asked in awe, 'they're incredible!'

'If we told you that, we'd have to kill you!' Fred joked

'They're just prototypes for now.' George said, 'we need to do a lot of work before they're finished.'

'You guys really are clever, do you know that?' You said, beaming at them.

'We know.' They responded in unison.