Year 2 - 5

'No. Absolutely not.' Fred said firmly. You'd just told him about your decision to remain at Hogwarts during the festive period. Harry had asked you to help him break into the slytherin common room to find out more about the heir. You didn't know what he could possibly do that you couldn't do yourself, but, desperate to get rid of the threat from your school, you had agreed. Your mum was quite disappointed when you'd owled her to let her know you had 'a huge pile of homework to get through, and needed the library resources here to do it.' but you knew she'd get over it. Although, she didn't know about the monster lurking in the corridors, whereas Fred, George, and Lee all did. You'd found the three of them in the courtyard the morning before Mcgonagal took down names.

'You're mental.' Lee said.

'Have you lost the plot?' George asked. 'No. Fred's right. It's not safe.'

'It's already organised, and besides, if it was really that unsafe, we would've been sent home before now.' You replied.

'Well then, that decides it Georgie.' Said Fred after a long pause, 'look's like we're staying too.' George nodded in response.

'Boys, you don't have to do that.' You panicked, you didn't want the twins to sacrifice their christmas for you. 'Please don't stay just for me.'

'Easier to practice quidditch here, and the feast is always pretty good.' Fred said, smiling weakly at you.

'Yeah, and Ron is already staying, we might as well save mum more washing up.' George shrugged. And that was it. No matter how much you told them to picture Mrs Weasley's disappointed face; or missing out on her cooking (which they always said was the best); or pulling Christmas crackers with their dad, they weren't having it. The next day, the three of you added your names to the list of remaining students.

It felt weird waking up in an empty dorm. The other 2nd year slytherin girls had all gone home for the holidays. Actually, there were only around 7 or 8 slytherins in the whole school that had stayed, but of course, you didn't really spend any time with them anyway. George had insisted on you learning to properly fly a broom over the break, so that you could 'join the slytherin team and rival them in matches'. You knew it was a long shot, but you were happy to just become proficient enough to be able to keep up with them. After a few days the three of you were whizzing round the grounds, the twins dropping dungbombs on people who were unfortunate enough to be outside.

Finally, christmas morning arrived. You wrote a thank you note to your mum for the pile of presents that had appeared at the foot of your bed, wished her a merry christmas, and put the parchment note into an envelope ready to send from the school owlery later on. Normally, you and your mum went to her friend Jane's house to celebrate christmas each year, you wondered what they were up to, and felt a pang of sadness that you were not there with them. On the other hand, you were happy to celebrate with your friends. You didn't even bother heading to breakfast, you just stuffed as much of the chocolate your mum and Jane had sent you into your dressing gown, and ran all the way upstairs to the gryffindor common room.

As you arrived, Harry, Hermione, and Ron were all leaving.

'Hey, (Y/N), um, so, 9 o' clock tonight yeah?' Harry asked coyly, holding the portrait door open for you.

'Of course. Merry Christmas!' You said.

'Merry Christmas!' The three gryffindors responded as you entered the common room and closed the portrait behind you.

'There she is!' Fred beamed. He and George were sitting on a rug by the fire, surrounded by empty present wrappings. They were both wearing jumpers that had the first initial of their names on it. You could already tell them apart, but the jumpers did make it a bit easier.