Year 2 - 1

You couldn't help but stand in between your mum and Draco when you caught a glimpse of him with what must've been his famous father exiting Flourish and Blotts. It was automatic, as though you were trying to create a divide between them. You knew all too well what the Malfoys thought of muggles, and although you yourself were muggleborn, your mum didn't quite understand what that meant in this world. You had talked to her a little bit about it over the Christmas break of your first year, but you didn't want to give too much away, lest you worry her. She already had enough on her plate running the family business without you there to keep her company (and occasionally help out with guests).

Draco's dad had a presence that demanded respect. You'd never seen him before, but you could tell that in this world he was well known, as people around him were either greeting him as he walked by, or looking at him with disgust. As they passed you, you side eyed Draco, he met your gaze, quickly looking away, not saying anything.

'Is that one of your friends?' Your mum asked brightly. You just smiled up at her.

'Nah mum, just someone in my house.'

It was at that point that you saw the familiar gang of red heads also leaving Flourish and Blotts. Without thinking you ran over to the family and jumped into Fred's arms, he picked you up and spun you around. He'd somehow gotten even taller over the summer. George grabbed you the second he put you down and pulled you in to a hug himself. You felt yourself smile into his shirt, he must've travelled here by floo powder you'd been taught about, as he smelt a bit like a fireplace. You remembered you were not alone, and, cheeks hot, said your hellos to the rest of the family, and were introduced to the youngest Weasley, a shy looking girl named Ginny; and introduced your mum to those who hadn't yet met her. Mr Weasley seemed excited that she was a muggle, and had loads of questions to ask her. Hermione gave you a knowing look, he must've accosted her parents too.

'What have you been doing? You haven't written to me in over a week!' You said, turning back to the twins.

'You'll never guess what we did,' Fred began, 'it all started when-'

'Fred Weasley I think that's quite enough!' Mrs Weasley suddenly interrupted, herself just coming out of the shop with a handful of books. '(Y/N) dear, how are you?' She asked. You looked back at Fred and George, who just shrugged.

—————————

'You did WHAT?' You gasped, collapsing into a fit of giggles. You were on the train to Hogwarts with Fred and George, who had finally managed to tell you the story of how they had stolen their dad's flying Ford Anglia, and travelled across the country to rescue Harry Potter from his aunt and uncle who had him 'locked up with bars on his window and everything!'. The boys looked incredibly proud of themselves.

'We'll take you for a spin next time.' Fred said, jokingly wiggling his eyebrows.

'Idiots the pair of you!' you laughed as the trolley lady approached, and you took out your pocket money to buy some snacks (you knew better than to accept any food the twins would offer you).

Feeling in a bit of a food coma after eating two pumpkin pasties and an array of various sweets, you leant on the wall to your right and drifted off to sleep as the boys continued to chat away, listening to the gentle sounds of the train chugging through the countryside. It was only when you arrived at Hogsmeade station that you were finally awakened by George.

'c'mon lazy git get up!' George said, gently shaking you. You suddenly became aware that you were no longer leaning on the wall to your right, but had now moved to your left and were instead leaning on George's shoulder. You quickly pulled away, your cheeks burning. George was bright red too.