Part 4

Izuku's POV

Like every week, I went up to the rooftop.

Todoroki!

He was over the edge like everyone else, but it seemed he was peaceful instead of broken, like he was about to...

Let go!

No, no, no, no, no! I desperately cried;

"Todoroki!"

He swiftly turned, looking at me with his usual look. But instead of unreadable, it seemed sad, upset, almost like he didn't want to be stopped. He wore a yellow cardigan, which flowed in the light breeze, which also took his hair. He obviously had tear stains, but the tears seemed to be long gone.

"Why?" I mumbled. I done this before...I didn't care...I definitely didn't.

I did care. I was the first person he opened up to, which made us close friends...

"I just want to stop the scars that grow every time that I go home. That's why I came up here instead." That's what the boy in the cardigan said.

"Hey, don't do it, please..." I cried. He looked down before stepping over the rail.

"But even so please just go away so I can't see...your pitiful expression is just too much for me..."

I was caught of guard when he hugged me. I felt my shoulder slowly get wet. Todoroki was crying.

After a while, he lifted his head. His face was read and his blue eye gleamed, freshly soaked.

"I guess today is just not my day..." he said as he made his way out the door. I thought about it. I thought he could handle it...he's the one person in my class that I thought would be okay, despite having been through the worst...

Now that I think about it, we're kind of going through similar yet different situations. His dad is abusing him to be a hero, my dad is abusing me to be a villain. His mom went to a mental hospital and he never sees her, my mom is barely home anymore. He bottles up his emotions with a blank, unreadable face to rival Aizawa's, I bottle up my emotions with a smile.

I thought before leaving. Maybe next week...

Todoroki's POV

I was at the roof thinking about how I could escape by just letting go of these rails. My hands were the only things keeping me from falling to the asphalt below...

I was just about to let go when I heard a desperate cry.

"Todoroki!"

I snapped my head back, seeing the happy green haired boy.

"Why?"

I hesitated to answer.

"I...I just want to stop the scars that grow, every time that I go home. That's why I came up here instead."

"Hey...don't do it, please..." he muttered.

I climbed over the railing and embraced him. I buried my face in his shoulder, crying.

After a few minutes, I looked at him and wiped my face.

"I guess today is just not my day..." I said walking out the door.

I thought. Someone cared...someone truly cared besides Touya, who was dead, and Fuyumi...

He smiled as he walked down the stairs. His phone vibrated and he opened it.

Trash Man:
Get over here, now!
                          Read, 4:55

He turned off his notifications and put it away, heading to his dorm. He would talk to Aizawa in the morning...

553 words