imperio

The Ministry of Magic November 1981

Molly Weasley surprisingly fit in quite easily with the muggles walking through London on this Autumn evening. Her curly red hair was long and flowed freely down her back as she headed to the Ministry's visitor entrance. She was meeting with her husband for a dinner together in the muggle side of London- something she was secretly very excited about. She had some exciting news to share with him. Luckily one of her old Hogwarts friends had offered to watch the children. Ron was one now, and she felt as if she had instilled enough fear in the twins about losing their privileges that they would behave until she was home.

Molly entered the bathroom and easily flushed herself in, not thinking twice. In a moment she was in the green entryway to her husband's workplace. She was so proud of him, so proud for finally being able to call himself a Ministry employee. She had stayed up for so many nights practicing his interview, working on his pitch, about why he should be hired. And here she was, waiting for him, her ministry employee. She couldn't help the bright smile that stretched over her cheeks as she watched the stream of other wizards leaving for the day, knowing her husband was one of them now.

One or two passing wizards cast her a glance before they exited into the fireplace. It was to be expected, of course, with her red hair. Unfortunately she wasn't the witch they thought they saw. Lily Potter was murdered last month by He Who Must Not Be Named, and her bright hair had caused many to cast her a hopeful or pained glance over the last month. She felt a pang in her own chest- she was so young, and with a boy Rons age. She was a mother just like her.

She sighed and moved her gaze back over to the elevator, where she easily spotted the red hair of her husband. She grinned and moved over to him. He offered her a slightly strained smile and kissed her lips gently.

"Arthur!" she said. "Are you ready dear?"

"Almost Mol" he sighed. "Just have one more trial- I know. Reputable Family, Ministry employee. Has to be done after hours."

Molly hummed. She wasn't phased. "It's alright hon, you know I'm happy to wait." she said.

"Ah, you're too good for me Mol." Arthur said, clearly relieved. "They said I could take you down to the courtrooms, there are chairs outside so that when it's done, we can go right away."

Molly nodded and linked her arm with his. "Alright Arthur. Look at you, so official, hm?" she chuckled smoothing his hair.

Arthur also laughed as they entered the elevator. It was only them inside, as the majority of the other workers had already left to go home. They reached their destination quickly and both stepped out.

It was much darker down here. Rather than the deep green of the lobby, tiles down here were black. Without the lamps on the wall it would be impossible to see. The corridors were so winding, Molly was unable to fathom how Arthur didn't get lost. He eventually led her to a large door with three chairs lined up outside.

"Here Mol" he said. "It shouldn't be too long, there's too much evidence for this to go another way."

Molly nodded and carefully sat down in the chair. "Take your time Arthur. I brought the paper." she assured him.

Arthur smiled at her again. "God I love you." he reminded her as she blushed.

"Get going you." she said fondly as he nodded and ducked into the room.

The door was jinxed so that she would not be able to hear, but she did catch a few murmerings as he entered. It was clear that the trail hadn't started yet, so she settled herself into the chair and pulled out her paper. She exhaled, skimming over a few articles quietly before she heard crying from the corridor around the corner. The sound was soon accompanied with pacing of a pair of high heeled shoes clipping on the stone floor. Molly dropped the paper slightly, curiosity getting the better of her as she attempted to listen.