Book One : "Hello Darling."

Sigh . . .

I slammed the door to my apartment closed as I entered, after coming home from a annoying retail job, I wasn't in the greatest of moods. Throwing my keys on the kitchen counter I walk over to my couch and lay down.

I hate my job, but it pays the bills and keeps me living. Sitting up, I look out the window to the forest.

That forest always looks so peaceful,

Still fuming from the customers at my job, I decided to finally go walk in those woods. I stood back up, and headed to my room. Taking off my work uniform and putting a hoodie on with some sweat pants, while also throwing a beanie on and some fingerless gloves. Looking at myself in the mirror, okay with the results, and headed out the door after grabbing my keys.

. . .

Once I exited the building, I walked around back with a flashlight as it was dark out. Wandering into the woods in a straight line, making sure to mark where I have been with a x mark in the ground.

I don't want to get lost out here.

The forest was as peaceful as I'd thought, foxes, rabbits, even deer were out there. The birds weren't out, but I could hear a owl every now and then. The trees stood tall, and swayed gently as I walked by them. I found a hollowed out tree and decided to sit in its base. It was quite lovely, I leaned back against the wood wall and smiled, closing your eyes.

Something felt off, and it took a moment for me to realize.

"What the hell?..." I whispered as I noticed that the sounds of the forest had stopped. Opening my eyes and turned off the flash light.

If there is a hunter out here, I don't need to be shot at.

I begin to hear something, almost a walking sound, but it was big. I can feel the ground shake slightly under me as it gets closer. Bringing my legs to my chest, I held onto myself.

It stopped, but it stopped right next to me. I tried to keep my breathing quiet, and kept to myself as much as I could.

"It must have been a animal, however, it's strange that is still feel my barrier being touched." A deep, soothing voice echoed through the trees. I've never heard a voice like that before. It echoed in my mind.

"It would be a shame if someone wasn't here, I'm feeling rather gentle today." The voice cooed, then chuckled as he tapped on the tree I hid in.

I was terrified, I knew, that he somehow knew, that I was in here.

"Come on out my child, I'll take good care of you."

. . .

"I-I'll come out.." You sheepishly said. You turned on your flashlight and crawled out of the log.

pg 1 480 words