New × Friends?

We just arrived at the Third Phase. Nothing much happened during the flight. Even if it did, I wouldn't have realized since I was asleep most of the time. 

For this phase, we have to go down a tower in less than 72 hours. It was high and the surface was smooth, so there was nowhere for us to descend on the side. They probably expect us to use our brains to find a way out of here. If it's that, I'm doomed. I don't have one.

I was lost in my thought, wondering how to finish this phase, so I didn't realize that a lot of people were gone.

I was walking near the middle of the tower when I slipped on an imaginary thing. I felt like I was falling. What I didn't know is that I was actually falling. 

I landed on my butt, letting out a small 'ouch'.

"Are you okay?" said a voice in a worried tone.

I glared at its source. It was Gon. What is he doing here? I looked around. As expected, the other three were here too, and Tonpa. They all were wearing the same bracelet, looking like a watch.

Seeing my lack of understanding, Kurapika pointed me to a metal stool. Only one of the jewelry was left, so I supposed it was mine. I took it and read the sign at the same time.

'The six of you must follow the will of the majority to reach the goal.'

Oh ok. Still don't understand though. I guess I'll ask one of them later.

One part of a wall opened, revealing a door. 

"At this door, select 'O' to open, 'X' not open." Gon read out loud.

"Forcing us to use majority rule already?" Oreo said "The answer should be obvious."

I clicked 'O'. When the results got exposed, it showed that someone clicked 'X'. We still passed so I don't really care.

It turned out it was Tonpa. I knew that guy was no good. Why do I have to get stuck with this bastard?

We arrived in a small room. There were two paths, both blocked. We had to choose which way we wanted to go, left or right. Um, I don't know. I'll just press a random button. 

'O 4' 'X 2'

"W-why would you choose to go right? Normally you should go left..." Leorio asked.

"That is true. Studies have indicated that people who are lost or stuck at forks unconsciously tend to go left." Kurapika responded. Killua agreed with him.

"Wait! The numbers don't add up! Which button did you press?"

"Right." Kurapika and Killua stated, and left, leaving all of us behind.

Everyone looked at me. 

"Dunno, I clicked randomly." I said.

We followed a long path. Gon profited from the time we had to talk to me.

"Ne, what's your name?" He asked.

"Kaya, and you're Gon right?"

"Yeah, how do you know?"

"Well, during the exam, I heard your name and the others' names too. So I know you're Gon, he's Killua, this is Kurapika, and finally, Leorio."

Before finishing our conversation, we reached another part of the phase. There was a platform standing in the middle of the room, and a chamber similar to ours on the other side. It was filled with five hooded figures, and I could notice another one farther away.

A tan man handcuffs opened and he removed his cape. 

"Allow me to explain, gentlemen." a voice coming from nowhere said.