The × Hunt

25 of us passed. We all met outside of the Trick Tower, waiting for the next phase.

"Congratulation on your escape from the Trick Tower. Now you only need to take the Fourth and Finale Phases." A guy with a mohawk said. Finally, we have two more challenges left. I couldn't wait until the exam was over.

"The Fourth Phase will be held in Zevil Island over there. Please cooperate." he snapped his fingers and someone approached a cart with a small box on it. 

"For the next phase, we will need you to draw lots. It's to decide who will hunt and who will be hunted. There are 24 number cards in this box. In other words, these numbers represent all the current candidates. Now, I need you to come here and draw your number cards in the order you escaped from the tower. The first place, please."

Hisoka advanced toward the box. That wasn't a surprise. But he had a cut on his arm. Seems like Gon noticed too. That's pretty surprising, who could have injured him? Pin guy was next. The way he took his card was weird. He literally just smashed the interior of the box. Then it was Bald Ninja Wannabe, and it continued like that.

"Ne, Killua, Kaya. When he said who will hunt and who will be hunted, did he mean for us to fight each other?" Gon asked.

"Probably." Killua and I both answered.

Snowball advanced toward the box. My turn was right after Tonpa's. So that means in 3 turns. I seriously don't want to pick Pedoclown or Pin Guy. 

It was finally time for me to pick my card. I walked to the box and took a card out. I came back to Killua and Gon after that. 

"Are we done? Then, peel the stickers off your number cards. They are your targets."

I carefully retired it. Thankfully, it wasn't number 44 or 301. It was 80. Which was a good number. Since I was number 72, she came 8 numbers after me, and I remember her clearly. She had red hair in a low ponytail and black sunglasses. She had a sniper with her, which probably means she's better with it than hand combat. I have my chances.

I didn't really care about removing my badge now. The person who is hunting me probably already saw it. 

"The numbers you just picked have all been recorded in this box. Therefore, you can do anything you want with your own badges. What you need to do is take the number badges off your targets." The examiner said. 

"Your target's number badge is worth three points. Your own badge is worth three points each as well. Extra number badges are one point each. In order to advance to the Final Phase, you must have six points."

We all embarked on the boat, and I sat with Gon and Killua for the next two hours.

"What number did you pick?" Killua asked.

"I'll only tell you if you tell me yours." I told him. 

"It's a secret."

We all became silent for a moment and laughed.

"Don't worry, you guys are not my target." Killua said.

"You're not my target either." Gon responded.

"Same here." I told them.

"On the count of three, should we show our number cards together?"

I and Gon agreed.

"One, Two, Three." We said at the same time.

I showed them my card. Killua had number 199, and Gon, 44. And we all remember who 44 is. I feel bad for him. I hope he won't get killed, he's my new friend after all.