Once Upon A Time In Ambala!!!!

On 1st April, 1965, at exactly 10:10 am, a boy was born in the home of Col. Vishvajeet Khanna, in the Ambala Cantt area. Since the boy was born after 12 years of wait, Col. happily gave the boy, the name of his late father Vikramjeet Khanna, expecting the boy to continue his family lineage of serving the nation in army, of becoming a decorated Army officer of the Indian Army just like his preceding five generations. But , how many of us are actually able to stand up to our parents' expectations? not most of us right! and here the case of vikramjeet khanna was a little too adverse!

Our little vikramjeet khanna was born with some really interesting talents, like being a lady charmer, there was not a single woman who would not be attracted to this guy since his infancy days, and this talent got more and more refined and excellent with age, other one was his ability to sell, that guy could sell a bag of sand in a desert, a total opportunist, there was hardly an opportunity to make money that he would miss. He even got the title of small business king in his locality, he used to set up stalls according to every festival or event that used to be coming up, sometimes his stalls were a bit too extreme as well like setting up a flower stall outside a christian graveyard, or the best one would be his stall of colourfull shirts near the riot area where everyone was protesting wearing black shirts, that one stall of his saved so many protesters from being arrested and earned him a huge fortune with a lot of scoldings from his dad.

Apart from his intelligent mind he hated studying, totally loathed it, also he has way too chilled in his life, never serious for anything at all except 3 things, this love for selling, passion for drinking, and obsession to settle outside India. So though he seemed like a total good for nothing lad to his parents and everyone around him, he went and saved enough from his small businesses to buy him a ticket to Newyork , along with enough money to support him for atleast 6 months lavishly without having to work at the age of 18, right after high school. Before leaving he made sure to give his SAT and Eilts, excelling both which was actually shocking seeing his consistent poor performance since pre schooling to high school. Thus in his final week before leaving, he made it look as if he was applying for an army college according to his father's wish, and on the day of leaving he left a classic letter for his parents saying:

" Mom dad, thankyou for handling this good for nothing guy for complete 18 years, i am not sorry that i wasn't up to your expectations, nor did i mind all the scoldings you gave me, i mean of course i know you did that because you all loved me! so here is my announcement, since 10 yrs of age i have wanted to go and settle in USA so i am leaving now to fulfill my dream, last month when you sent me to Rajkot for that army camp after school, i went to Delhi, and got my self a passport, a bank account, changed my name to vicky khanna officially(the papers of name change are below this letter) , and got my self a ticket to USA, i won't tell you the city for i know you guys will surely try to come there and find me, which i don't want. As for the money don't worry i have enough to support my self well for more than 6 months there, don't worry i trust myself , i won't come back! When i achieve something, i will call you guys, i promise! Also dad, i know you wanted me to carry forward our family name, but dad i am not the man for it, i love myself way too much, to be able to sacrifice myself for the nation. I am sorry for being a disappointment for you, but i know you still love me, i will contact you again after i achieve what i want to and get a beautiful american daughter inlaw for you!!!!!."

Leaving the letter and the documents, our vikramjeet aka vicky was set to fight the war of his dreams in USA at the age of 18, little did he know then that his chilled back fun life would turn out to be this adventurous and memorable!!!

love vida!!!!!!

hey lively ones!! our vicky is all set for his dreams, lets see what others are upto in the upcomming chapters!!!!!!!

till then pls keep reading, sharing , voting and enjoying the book!!!!!!!!

love you all!!!!!!