A Girl Like Her!!!

Do you guys remember that 23 years old competitive Daniel, who came to USA with high hopes to give his mom a comfortable life? Well he actually achieved it at a very vary young age due to his competitiveness. Living in one of those famous Green apple sky scrapers in Newyork city with his mom, just at the age of 25 and showering her with gifts and presents, along with hourly phone calls! Daniel was living his dream life! But can anything ever be this perfect in life? The competitive success that Daniel got was at the cost of the time he would spend with his mother, in his busy schedules, he made sure to tell his mother what new he was up to, but meanwhile forgot to ask her every time what was she doing? 

Jangmi being the sacrificing mom she was, just happily accepted her son's busy schedules, she was happy to see her boy achieve something so big for his age and despite the background he was from. She also took pride in her monthly body checkups, where initially Daniel used to accompany her, but for the last one year, he made sure to send a cab on time to pick up and drop her from the hospital to home. While Daniel was busy becoming the youngest senior associate of his firm, Jangmi discovered a clot in her brain, which turned out to be cancer. Like the ideal son Daniel was he asked her about the body checkup results, to which Jangmi lied that they were absolutely fine, had there been the omma focused daniel, he could have easily caught that his mom was lying, but our competitive to be senior associate didn't even bother asking the question twice!

The tumor was about .7cm  when caught Jangmi consulted the neurosurgery department, where for the first time she met Ayesha, who at that time was a 24 years old  intern, sweet, smart, competent and liked by almost all the patients she tended to. While Jangmi's attending doctor explained her the reasons and everything for cancer, jangmi just nodded not paying much attention to them and at last she asked about the fee! Since the brain is a complex organ, the cost of fixing it also quite high! On being asked about her background, Jangmi said she was an immigrant barely trying to make ends meet on the basis of part time jobs, and then left.

After a few months Danie had to leave for UK for about 3 months due to some work commitments, and soon after he left, Jangmi collapsed on the streets, she was taken to the nearest hospital that happened to be the one Ayesha was interning at, she remembered jangmi, thus she payed for admitting Jangmi to the rehabilitation ward, for she didn't earn enough to pay for her surgery, during the 2 months Jangmi was at the hospital, Daniel rarely called or sent any letters, Jangmi understood that her son was a really busy man, thus she focused on spending her time with Ayesha, she came to love that child almost as much as her son in a really short amount of time, meanwhile Ayesha, did all she could, she contacted all the ngos, charities, funds and what not so that someone would come ahead and sponsor Jangmi's surgery, but it was all futile. Despite her own problems like her fiance Asad becoming a bit too desperate for marriage, and wanting to go back to Pakistan with Ayesha, she made sure that it didn't affect her work in any way possible, specially with Jangmi, though not allowed but she had developed a soft spot for this patient of her's seeing how optimistic and cheerful that lady was even in such a medical condition, also jangmi's actions garnered her curiosity, her routine of waiting near the the phone or at the gate for letters, also the final letter she wrote to her son before dying along with a beautiful pair of couple rings! 

The day Jangmi died was the day daniel was to return back to USA, she tried holding for quite some time but then died without even seeing her son for the last time, Jangmi has requested ayesha to give her son the last letter she was writing along with the rings, and also if one day he comes to find her with the letter, do read it. Ayesha was a bit puzzled at the request but agreed to it with a heavy heart, till the very last day, ayesha tried contacting all the funding agencies, but none of them agreed to support, thus Jangmi left the world without even a proper treatment, with a really heavy heart Ayesha waited for daniel to come and see his mother for the last time, and also to give him the letter as jangmi had requested.

When daniel got the message of his mother's demise, he had just landed, and he broke down on the spot, somehow his colleagues took him to the hospital, where he began running towards the morgue immediately after hoping out of the taxi, on reaching the gate, he found a crying ayesha, then she looked at the guy in front of her and asked in a shocking voice " are you daniel kim?? her son?" Daniel nodded with tears in his eyes, at this Ayesha stormed towards him, banged the letter and rings on his chest and slapped him hard on his face, gaining shocked expressions from bothe the public as well as Daniel , then she said " you are wearing a fucking Armani, with some fucking costly crocodile leather shoes, and your mom here dies due to lack of money for surgery! If sons are like you i hope you don't even try of spreading your genes in the world, don't you dare become a father if the child is gonna be like you!!!!!!"

After saying this, Ayesha resigned from her internship and agreed to back to Pakistan with Asad, but on the condition that she will complete her practice first from local hospital and then marry him. 

On the other hand the shocked daniel, held the letter and rings in his hand and slowly walked towards the morgue, he found his mom's body on the very 1st stretcher, the sight made him realize that what wrong had he been doing all this while, he looked at the posh dressed himself and then at his weak dead mother, it was enough to crush his heart, he cried in the morgue holding his mother's hand for more than 2 hours, then after the cremation processes, he flew to korea with his mom's ashes to place her in the same charnel house as his father, hoping they would reunite in their after life. 

While returning back to USA at the airport, he read the letter, after admiring the rings his mom had left for him, the letter read as:

" sorry son! i lied that i am an illegal immigrant and that i don't have money! to the hospital staff, to be honest, i got everything i ever wanted in this life, a loving husband, a smart and successful son, a comfortable life, but you know the best thing in my life is the love you shower upon me, after receiving all of these, i guess i will be greedy for wanting more, also i think your dad has waited long enough for me now, its time i join him, that is why i never told you about my condition, i know you would have done anything and everything you could to save me, but son, i really wanted to go now. So now live your life as who you are, not as your mother's son, live for yourself now, love a girl who is not your mother now, start a family when ever you feel you are ready and give them everything you couldn't get in your childhood! 

Also about girls, i have a last wish son, you will see the girl who will hand you this letter, Her name is Ayesha, i am even mentioning her home address of Pakistan here in the end of the letter, please send this letter to her as well so that she doesn't live the rest of her life in guilt, i have never seen any girl worry for any stranger the way she has for me, i came to like her as much as i like you in a really short amount of time, also if possible please date and marry a girl sweet, smart, caring and intelligent just like Ayesha! 

take care son, mom loves you!!"

After reading the letter numerous times, our daniel kim shi, went to the bookings counter and applied for an urgent visa to Pakistan and got the earliest ticket possible from South korea to Pakistan!!!!

love vida!!!