Deep chills 🖤🦋

You need to listen to the song while reading. (Deep chills ~Run free)

It's been a week. Everything is going well. We got to meet our form master. He was not worth the wait. The supplementary students for each class have resumed. We have written our first test for the term. The results were called during the assembly and we're on our way back to our various classes. Some people are happy and rejoicing with their friends for coming first and a few others are either being consoled, teased, or bowing their heads in shame because they came last.

It was the custom of our school to announce the first and last three of every test and exam result. They also announce the best overall for each class.

I entered the class. I love Friday's. Short and fun-filled.

I sat down and noticed someone beside me. He must be one of the new students that were assigned our class and happened to be my seatmate.

"Hi, am Judith and you?"
"Am Ada."
"Adanma, Adaku, or just Ada." I inquired.
"Adaobi. But I prefer Ada. It's sweet when you pronounce it. Nice intonation."
"Awww, thank you." I blushed. Something about her felt good. She seemed nice and warm.
"By the way, congrats. You are the only Judith in this class?"
"Yes, thank you."
"It's not easy to top the first three in class and still come out as the best. You must be really smart."
"No, it's not really like that. This school is not so competitive." It's not. I can cue how competitive my primary school was and the High School I attended a term before coming here.
"Wow. I look forward to studying with you. Can we be friends? Do you have other friends? Would you introduce me to them? Can I meet them? Are they in this class or another? Answer me?"
Okay, this girl must be some jolly-talkative-Tinkerbell.
"I don't have friends my age, but I have a school mother in Sss3. I only relate to her and her chums.
" Oh, that's nice. Can I go with you to the social night? I don't want to get lost."
Okay, I can't resist those eyes. She's quite a character.

8:30 pm.

"Ada hurry up. trust me you don't want the Sss3 boys to meet you here."
"Am through let's go."

We both walked to the school field. The field was already filled. Laughter and love filled the air. We walked to the front when someone tapped me from behind. Trust me I didn't I want to turn to cause the touch sent chills around my body. It could only be one person. The only person I have been avoiding.

"Hey, Divine. How you." I tried to sound cool.
"So you still know my name." He asked.
"Am sorry for that day. I didn't mean to leave you at the library. I know I should I spoken and explained things to you before now. Am really sorry." I apologized as I meant it and I really did.
"Why did you run out. I saw the way you did." He asked.
"It's best if we don't talk about it. Trust me." I can't tell him. I haven't even been able to accept what happened that day.
"Guys, are you going to let good music waste because of the past." Ada chipped in. We all laughed. Ada must have been an elf in her past life.

We started dancing and then like a monster sent to destroy the moment, Jane came into our midst.

"You all are having a good time without me, " She gave me a devious look. " Divine you could not even call me." She said.
"You would not want to be a part of it anyway." He replied.
"Yes, dear. I don't roll with boyfriend snatchers." She rattled.
"Doesn't look like he was stolen. He looks free to me." Ada chipped in just in time and we both laughed our hearts out till she walked out on us in outrage.

"So you want to go after her or have real fun," I asked Divine.
He smiled, came closer to me. At this rate, my heartbeat inflated at its own will.
"Let the heart decide." He said. Then he leaned in and gave me a peck on the cheek and grabbed me by the waist. " Let's sing tonight on the stage." He said.
I was really taken aback by his actions. I was really not hearing anything else. I didn't even know when we climbed the podium.

"We would be playing a song titled 'Run by Deep chills' and I hope you love it." He Said.