Chapter 1: We have a playdate?

"So we do we have to be friends with Stevie?" ~Wendy Wilkerson ***

***

Wendy Wilkerson, got up from her bed and headed straight to the kitchen. Of course her twin brother Malcolm and Older brother Reese were fighting as usual. Their mother was in the kitchen shaving their father.

"Malcom, Reese, Dewey, and Wendy! Get in here!" Their mother Lewis shouted. "Stop!" Reese shouted. "I'm not touching you!" Malcolm said. Wendy rolled her eyes. This is why she wishes she had another sister. But the only girl in the house was her mother.

"There's only three toaster waffles. So one of you has to have cereal." Lois said. All four of the children run towards the freezer and grabbed the toaster waffles. "It's mine!" Malcolm yelled. "No it's mine! Ever heard of ladies first!" Wendy yelled and smacked Reese's hand. Dewey tried grabbing it but he was to short. So overall he had to have cereal.

Wendy puts the toaster waffles in the toaster for her, Malcolm, and Reese to eat. Her father continued to read the news paper. "Huh, look at this. They're sending an unmanned probe to Venus and letting a bunch of schoolchildren name it." Hal said. "That's going to end badly."
The toaster waffles soon pop up and Wendy puts them each on a plate. She gets hers ready and eats at the table.

"It's always such a shame to just dump this in the trash. Maybe birds would like to make nests with it or maybe you all could use it for school projects." Lois said. "Arms up." She said and Hal raised them up and ended up flashing everyone. Wendy covered her eyes. "Ew!" She shouted.

"Dude." Reese said as he looked away from the sight. Once they were done with that Wendy continued to eat her waffle. Lois looked at Wendy and Malcolm. "Wendy and Malcolm, you both come straight home from school today. I made a play date for both of you with Stevie Kenarban and you both have to take a bath." Lois said. Wendy looked at her with wide eyes as did Malcolm.

"What? Mom! No!" Malcolm groaned. "Do we have to be friends with Stevie?" Wendy asked her voice filled with annoyance. "Malcolm and Wendy have a play date?!" Reese said teasing the two.

"Shut up, Reese!" Malcolm shouted. "With Stevie 'The Wheelie' Kenarban? Oh, man!" Reese said as he began to laugh at his siblings. Wendy glared at him.

"Why is playing a problem." Hal asked as he looked at his children.

"First off we don't even know Stevie." Malcolm said. Wendy was beyond annoyed. She didn't want a play date with some kid she barley knew. But little did she know that one play date will change everything.

"I saw his mom at the grocery store, she said you two ate lunch with him." Lois said. Wendy rolled her eyes. "One time. He rolled his wheelchair over next to us. It's not like we could say 'go away.' He's not even in our class. He's in the krelboyne class in the trailer next to the tetherball." Wendy said. Malcolm nodded.

"You two listen to me. That one lunch obviously meant a lot to Stevie. He's a human being with human feelings. Now, you are going to be friends with that crippled boy and you are going to like it. Understood?" Their mother said. Wendy nodded as did Malcolm. "Yes Ma'am." They both said at the same time. Wendy knew if they give up now, they will hopefully not get the lectures.

"You kids." Lois stated, making Wendy sigh. "Damn." She heard her twin whisper. "You just take your legs for granted like nothing could ever happen to them. Well let me tell you something. That is just wishful thinking. There's meningitis. There are car accidents. I could be giving you a spanking and accidentally snap your spinal cord. Everyday is a lottery and first prize is that you don't have to scoot yourself around town on a skateboard with your hands. You think about." Lois said as she looked at her children, satisfied with the lecture.

Dewey looked at his mother. "I don't take my legs for granted, Mom." He said being a kiss ass. Wendy rolled her eyes and looked down at her plate. "I know, honey. You're a good boy." She said to Dewey with a smile. Before realizing what he was doing. "Stop playing with yourself." Dewey stopped. Wendy made a disgusted face at her little brother.

Once breakfast was over all four kids were rushing out the door with their mother behind. "Stop pushing me... stop touching me!" Malcolm said. Wendy was behind being pushed by their mother.

"No, wait, wait, wait. Okay, I ran out ham. So one of you has to have egg salad, okay?" Lois said handing the lunch bags to her kids. "And don't ditch your little brother. I don't want him getting kidnapped." Lois said as her children were in front of the house.

"Yeah, mom that would be terrible." Reese called out looking at his mother before turning around to look at his brothers and sister. "It's your turn to walk him." Reese said. Wendy's eyes went wide. "No! We walked him yesterday and the day before! Therefore it's your turn." Wendy said. "Yeah, what Wendy said!" Malcolm said glaring at his brother.

"I walked with him when he wet his pants." Reese said making a good point. Wendy sighed. As did Malcolm. "Okay." He said. Reese soon walked off heading towards school. Wendy and Malcom started heading towards school with Dewey walking beside them. "Mom said to hold hands." Dewey said. "She did not say to hold hands, Dewey. I'm not holding hands." Malcolm snapped. "Dewey, please act your age. You don't need to hold hands with us." Wendy said annoyed.

"Come on, hold hands, please?" Dewey said in a pleading voice. Malcolm turned to look Dewey. "No! You're in the first grade. You're too big for that. Look, Wendy and I are walking right next to you. You'll be fine." Malcolm said. Dewey stopped walking once they reached the cross walk. "Damn it! This is why everyone teases you!" Malcolm said and grabbed his hand and continued to walk. When the three of them were half way to their destination, there friend Richard starts walking next to them.

"Hey, Malcolm and Wendy." Richard said. Wendy smiled but stayed silent. "Hey, Richard." Malcolm said. Wendy grabbed Dewey's hand so Malcolm could have a break and talk to his friend.

"So, my was telling my dad last night, about your brother. She said he's in jail." Richard said. Wendy glared at him. "He's not in jail!" Wendy said breaking her silence. Malcom nodded. "He's at Marlin Academy. It's, like one of the best private schools in the country and it's totally unfair." Malcolm said. He missed his older brother and wished he was back at home. "Everyone acts like Francis is just this big trouble maker and he's not." Wendy said her voice filled with annoyance.

Francis was like a role model to her. Yes, he did make a few mistakes here and there but he's only human, just like everyone else. Dewey soon tugs down on Wendy's hand. "Spath, Spath, Spath!" He said warning his siblings and their friend. They all stop walking and watch Spath with his gang tormenting some kid.

"All right, here's how it works. You can beg for mercy on your belly, lick the bottom of my shoes, or take a beating. You must pick at least two but... but-but, if you pick three you get a pass for the next two weeks. All right? Now that's your best value." Dave Spath said to the poor kid. Wendy shook her head. She didn't understand why he had to bully others for his entertainment. It could be he doesn't have a very good home life or he's just an asshole.

Wendy looked at Dewey and grabbed a hold of his shoulders so he's facing her direction. "What do you do if he catches you?" Wendy asked waiting for the reply. "Roll in a ball." Dewey said. "What if he starts kicking?" Wendy asked. "Stay in a ball." Dewey said. Wendy and Malcolm both nodded satisfied with the answers Dewey said. Wendy, Malcolm, Dewey, and Richard start heading towards the school. Spath then stops beating the poor kid and looks around. Making the four kids freeze in place. "Wait." He said before shrugging going back to beating the kid. "Nevermimd." He said and continued. Wendy sighed in relief before the four ran to school.
***
First chapter completed! What do you think? I already do have a love interest planned for Wendy Wilkerson, which will shock her twin brother for sure 😂. Hope you all liked it! If I made any mistakes feel free to let me know so I can fix it 🙂.
Please vote, comment, and Share!
\__WendyAnneWilkerson__/