Chapter 6: Seperate Interviews

"You're my favorite parent

"You're my favorite parent."~Wendy Wilkerson
***
Wendy Wilkerson, sat at the kitchen table. Her mother Lois staring at her daughter intently. A Dr. Pepper soda was soon in front of Wendy. She quietly took a sip.

"Look, I'm not mad at you. I know you didn't do this." Lois said smiling. Trying to trick her daughter. "You're a good girl. I want you to help me find out who did it." Lois said. Wendy took another sip of her drink before setting it back down. Wendy remained silent. She really didn't know who did it. She's normally with Stevie all day or in her bedroom studying.

"This is serious. One of your brothers could have burned the house down. And for that, he will be severely punished." Lois said looking at her daughter straight in the eye. Wendy nodded. "You're my only daughter. Us ladies got to stick together. If you tell me who did it. I will take you on a small shopping spree." Lois said trying to get Wendy to tell who did it. Wendy's eyes did light up at the mention of a shopping spree. But she knew she couldn't betray her brothers.

"You've always been the best one. The smartest." Lois said once more hoping to get a answer out of her only daughter. Wendy sighed and took one more sip finishing her drink.

"Mom, I honestly don't know who did it. You're my favorite parent. You know I wouldn't lie to you." Wendy replied honestly. Her mother looked beyond annoyed. None of her bribes worked. She should have known though considering how close she was with her brothers. She would never betray them unless they did something dastardly.
***

All four children were now in the Kitchen. All of them looked super nervous, to see what was gonna happen next.

"Well, I guess you kids think you've got old mom over a barrel, huh? Well we'll just see about that. If you kids wanna play, we can play all night long." Lois said trying to make her kids feel threatened and hopefully give up. Wendy grabbed Malcolm's hand out of fear.

Wendy is on the phone with Francis and the kids were hiding in their bedroom. Lois was playing one of Dewey's annoying songs.

"What's that, I can't hear you." Francis said. Wendy groaned wanting to cover her ears. Reese was on the bed trying to hide under the pillows.

"She's killing us!" Wendy shouted, trying to block out the music. Dewey was on his bed holding his teddy bear. "Why does she have to ruin everything I love?" Dewey whined as he rocked back and forth. Malcolm was next to her plugging his ears.

"Francis, I'm tired of this! I think I'm just gonna tell her I did it, even tho I didn't. At this point though anything is better then this crap!" Wendy shouted. The horrible song still playing. Life is good, life is bad... Is the only thing she can head at this point.