15 |

The ocean water crashing to shore broke me from my sleep. Justin and I had managed to fall asleep on the beach. His arm secured me in a tight hug as his soft snores harmonized with the waves. There was no place I'd rather be than here with him in this moment. I managed to slither my way out of his grasp without waking him and headed into the kitchen to prepare us a breakfast before he woke up. Today there was plans to go to a grand ball that was happening on the resort. It was a masquerade ball that Justin had somehow come by tickets. We talked about it briefly last night and apparently, it was almost impossible to accepted in.

Breakfast was done in no time and Justin still slept peacefully outside. I saw no reason to wake him. Months of endless touring always kept him restless so I thought it only fair to allow him to catch up on all the much needed sleep he could possibly get. I on the other hand couldn't stand another second of the sand chaffing between my thighs, so I headed to the bathroom for a quick shower.

As I readied myself in the master bedroom, the sound of Justin urinating filled the bathroom until he headed to the room. Standing in between the door frame. He smiled at me before walking over and pushing his face into the crook of my neck. I missed when he did that.

"You smell good," he said through a closed mouth smile before pressing a kiss to the back of my head. "Thank you for the breakfast. You didn't have to make anything, i could've called the chef over from the resort and she would've made it in no time. This is a relax-cation. That includes from cooking."

"No i don't mind. I love cooking for you. Not only that, but I needed the quiet time. Something to distract me from whatever's going on in Canada with the coffee shop. Lately it's all I think about and I didn't want to call there and micromanage anything so this passed the time until you woke up."

Justin smiled at me without speaking a word. Maybe it was my prediction, but for a slight moment, I wondered what he truly thought of me. I wondered if maybe one night on tour he had accidentally slipped up on his emotions and let them get the best of him while we were apart as well. My cursed skill of projection was fighting its urge to subside until the truth had come out, even if that meant exposing myself which is what I intended on doing as soon as our vacation was over.

We ate breakfast and planned a day discovering the island a bit more up until it was time for Scooter to pick us up for the ball later tonight. The island was something I'd only seen in movies. There were all kinds of extraordinary scenic views everywhere. A small path for a hiking trail that led to a waterfall pouring into the ocean. Justin and I visited there first. We even snorkeled with the fish which is something I always wanted to do but was too afraid of doing alone.

The rest of the day was spent with Justin doing all the things I would've sworn I'd never do three years ago. Jet skiing turned out to be just as adrenaline rushing as Justin had described it. The adventure added to the thrill of our relationship. He and I didn't always see eye to eye, but moments like these were the ultimate reason the two of us were created for each other.

Nightfall approached quickly and Scooter reached out to Justin to let him know that he was on the way to come and pick us up from the island.

The resort decorated the hotel's party room into the ball's dance floor. The theme of the night was to somehow incorporate The Great Gatsby into our costumes which seemed easy enough. I'd only seen the movie ten thousand times. Though Justin was the one in charge of our costumes. 

A cart with a dress zipped inside a bag was rolled out to us. Justin didn't let me look at it for too long but it was enough to examine the beauty before he zipped it back up.

"Where did you find a dress like this? I—and in such short notice? It's beautiful," I gasped, hugging the zipped up dress in my arms.

Gold and silver beading sprinkled on top of the black lace pattern beneath it. The back the dress fell to a corset with silver beading straps to securely cinch in the waist area, which flared into the perfect puffy Cinderella dress.

"A man never reveals his sources," he smiles, planting a kiss to my forehead. "Now, Scooter is going to take you to hair and makeup to complete the look. Your mask and a surprise will be waiting for you. At eleven o'clock, I'll come to get you and we can go into the ball together."

Justin kissed me goodbye and signaled me over to Scooter who had a nervous smile on his face until we disappeared out of the ball room.

"What's with the face," I laugh, rolling the cart down the corridor. "That's your 'something is wrong face' and I'm kinda freaking out."

Scooter turns to me flashing a reassuring smile before grabbing the cart from me and proceeding to roll it. "No face. I'm just amazed by how much of this Justin organized.  Seems like he's becoming a lot more mature these days. It's good to see."

I smiled to myself. Scooter was right.

"Well that's a good thing. You know him and I are still trying for a baby? It's good to see him taking on extra responsibilities. He'll be the perfect dad."

Scooter remained quiet as we walked. Scooter was never speechless. There was something in me urging myself to just flat-out ask what was wrong, but I didn't want to ruin the night with whatever he had been keeping to himself so I remained quiet as well. Once we got the hair and makeup, Scooter stopped at the door and allowed me inside, flashing another reassuring smile.

"You are both going to make excellent parents one day. That I know for sure." With that, he walked away without giving me a chance to say anything in response.

"There you are!" A man with pink hair excited. His presence instantly made me feel secure. "Your husband told me you were beautiful but man. You're beautiful! Come have a seat in the chair doll so we can get started. My masterpiece takes precision that can absolutely not be rushed."

The man I talked while he worked on my hair first. He told me his name was Dimitri and that doing hair and makeup for celebrities was something he dreamt of doing his entire life. I never in a million years considered myself to be a celebrity, but I let him un with it. We exchanged a few stories about our past and even found out we had a lot of things in common with one another.

It didn't take Dimitri long to finish everything and once he had, he helped me slip into my dress and fastened the corset for me.

"One more thing." 

He handed me a box with my initials on it from Justin. It was a neckless and bracelet wrapped in diamonds all around, complimenting the silver beading in the dress to almost perfection. Dimitri helped me finish readying myself until there was a faint knock on the door.

He smiled and rushed over to the makeup station and picked my mask off of the tablet before putting it over my eyes and sneaking out the back door before I had the chance to say anything in response to the knock.

"Come in," I said, somehow feeling nervous for the first time in a long time for him to see me. "Woah. Babe you look... Wow."

Justin's suit was gold and black along with the mask that covered his forehead all the way to his nose. If I knew I could take my dress off and put it back on without any help, I would've already been out of my clothing. That was my husband. 

________

okay. this chapter was kinda crappy tbh. I'm in a serious case of writers block and the moment and everything I write I hate it and I end up deleting it but because I needed to get a chapter out, here's the best I could do right now.