Chapter 19

Ivy walked into the sitting room. Sylar had already started a fire in the fireplace and was standing there, staring off into space lost in the fires hypnotizing flames. Thoughts flooded his mind, how was he going to explain everything l to Ivy, when he, himself had not seen half of what John had told him had happened. She wouldn't believe him even if he did tell her the whole truth.
"What happened Sylar and don't you dare lie to me!"
Sylar gulped in a large amount of air as he fought with himself to figure out what to say. Knowing that if he lied she would know.
"Bridgette betrayed us all."
"No?!"
"Yes, she was working with Dovarian and his men to capture you, that's how they knew where to find you..."
"Why?"
"Because they had her family."
"Where is she? I want to talk to her myself."
"You can't talk to her..."
"Why not ?"
"Because the Goddess has banished her to the Wastelands until she can prove to be worthy of forgiveness for betraying us."
"So basically she was sent back to her''master ''?''
"Yeah, but if she wants her powers back, she'll figure out how to get back to this world."
"There is no way back unless you have two guardians together."
"There is another way, it was the way we were gonna come to save you, but you came back before we were done getting ready to storm the Wastelands."
"That's because time there is different than time here. When they took me, and I was Dovarian's prisoner, I felt like I had been there for days, it had only been a few hours here."
"Did he hurt you?"
"Yes, he beat me trying to get me to tell him I was the guardian, but no matter how bad he hurt me I wouldn't talk. Now he knows I am and so is Addy, and he'll kill her if I don't get back to her and save her."
"Who's Addy?"
"She's the Guardian of the West Tower. She was captured by Dovarian before I was. I promised her I wouldn't leave her behind, and I did. I can't let her die, Sylar I'll never forgive myself, she's my sister. In my soul I can feel her heart breaking, waiting for me to come back. I must get back, but I can't get back in there alone, I have to find another guardian to help me get back in."
"But the other guardian's haven't ascended yet. The prophecy said water bring life to earth, and earth's wind fuels the flames to brighten spirits heart.You were the second and Air is next."
"So we have to find her!"
"You can't find her, that's part of the way our world is. There are five Coven's, each one hidden and protecting their guardian. Only when she ascends and becomes the guardian will her heart connect with the others, and then you'll be able to find her."
"So I wait?!!, I can't just sit around and wait I have to save Addy!!!"
"No, you train and get ready to battle Dovarian, because he's not gonna fight fair now that he knows you're a guardian. "
"He's gonna kill her!"
"He won't kill her."
"How can you be so sure, he almost killed her right before I came back."
"Because he needs her now that he knows she's a guardian."
"Why, what makes you so sure of that?
"Because without her, he won't find Lilith."
"Who's Lilith?"
"Dovarian's daughter!"
"How would he use us to find his daughter...unless she was a guardian too!"
"But we must find her first, or she will believe his lies, and not take her place beside you and the other three girls, to save not just the human world but our world too."
Both Sylar and Ivy whirled around as John came walking in from the hallway smoothing out his shirt.
"Why do I feel like I'm missing a huge chunk of the story?"
"Because you are." John smoothed his hair as he came around to sit in one of the chairs close to the fire before turning his attention to the flames much like Sylar did when she first came in the room.
" A long time ago, before you were even a glimmer in your father's eye, he was the ruling warlock of this Coven. All five Coven's were in agreement with each other all were united as one with one goal to make sure the prophecy was upheld to protect us all. Each Coven was said to have a female child born of the high priestess and the high priest of magick. The girls would stand together to unite the Coven's and stand to face the darkness together and in an act of pure love for themselves, their sisters, and the world they would defeat the darkness. When all of you girls were born, we thought nothing could keep us from safeguarding the world, but we were wrong."
"What do you mean?"
"Dovarian's wife suffered from some type of mental illness, and it caused her to act out violently. When their daughter was still an infant, she stole her and fled from our world, into the human world. Being of magick herself, she bound hers and the child's powers to keep from being found, and that's why Dovarian went so far off the deep end, He loved his child with every fiber of his being. He assumed, that the other Covens had helped her run and that they were hiding them from him, and so he came after all of us. Some of us weren't so lucky, to get away from Dovarian's wrath...like your father."
"What?" the word was heavy in Ivy's throat.
"That's why your dad made you leave, to protect you from Dovarian."
"Why can't I remember it then?"
"Because Sabian wiped your memory so you couldn't yearn for a place you didn't know."
"But!"
"Dovarian put a curse on him, and it's what led to his death, Because he was so angry that your father still had you and he didn't have his daughter."
"That's why there was a nursery in his castle......but why did he come after my father?!!!"
"Because our Coven was the closest one to his...."
"And when he attacked, he killed some of us, and the others that survived ran to the other three Covens for refuge until you came back to take your father's place. Dovarian was captured, faced trial against the Goddess , and she created the Wastelands. Before Dovarian's criminal acts against his people, there was no Wastelands. No one ever violated the laws of the Coven before. He became the darkness... Dovarian was banished and his whole Coven, as well, for helping him try and wipe us out. That's why he has a nasty taste in his mouth, particularly about you...because your father wouldn't stand down, he stood his ground, for what he believed in, and it saved your life but cost him his."
"He died to protect me?!"
"He died because he loved you more than his life, he wanted to protect you till you were strong enough to stand on your own and protect yourself."
"How am I gonna be able to stand against Dovarian and his Coven, when not even my dad was able to do so and make it out?"
"Because you have something your dad didn't have..."
"What?"
"Your one of the guardians, and with the training from the Goddess you will be strong enough to stand against him and save not just us but all of us and the human world if you believe in yourself and your sisters."
"What if they don't want to be the guardians?"
"Then that's their choice, and we're all doomed. To be a guardian is a selfless act of pure love, to give yourself to the task. All you can do is show them the way and hope they choose to be part of this."
"But we have to find Lilith before Dovarian does...What's the galaxy's represent?"
"Where did you see a galaxy?!!"
"It was on the side of a man's face in Dovarian's castle."
"That's not possible!"
"I swear I saw it, that's how Dovarian knew that we were lying, that we were the guardians. The man could see my ivy and Addy's water."
"Then the second half of the prophecy is real like we feared!"
"There's more???"
"We didn't know if it was possible till just now." John leaned his head against the warmed marble that framed the fireplace.
"Well tell me the whole thing now, please! Addy said that when the three moons eclipse and line up to create the triple phase, five girls, one for each element would come and stand together as a sisterhood as a Coven to stand to face the great darkness, to create the ultimate weapon to give the world hope or doom all life."
"That's the simple version of it."
"Well, what's the full version of it?"
"It'll be easier just to show you."
"How are you gonna show me?"
"Like this."
Before Ivy had time to do anything John slammed his hands together, with the cracking of his hands almost sounding like a low roll of thunder from the force, and his pentagrams flared to life, not a bright green like hers but of freshly bloomed maple leaves on a spring day. The sound alone made her jump, and as he came towards her she tried to back away from him into the couch she sat on. As John came closer, his energy was gently warmed her skin.
"Let your power flow, Ivy, I'm going to channel my memories through you for you to see."
"This isn't going to hurt will it?"
"No Ivy, just trust me."
Ivy smiled to herself as she did, and the familiar shiver slid up her spine making her close her eyes as she felt her palms come to life. Ivy opened them looking at John, he had a small smile on his face, and looked like he was still in awe and proud because she had chosen this path. . Ivy turned and looked at Sylar, he was looking at her differently, and not the same way as John. The way he looked at her was one that made your heart skip beats, making it no surprise when the color of her cheeks gave away her thoughts.
John snapped his fingers to get Ivy's attention before he took a deep breath and slid his hands over hers hovering and forced his power into hers. Ivy sighed loudly as she felt his power wash over her, it was warm like the Goddess', but not as much of a shock. Ivy was looking at John when the edges of the world around them faded and was she was kneeling on a solid gold floor in a temple. Looking to her left, Ivy kept her bow, she saw two girls and at her right the same.
"Earth."
and before Ivy even looked up she knew whose voice had called for her. Ivy lifted from her bow and stood in her place, but the woman before Ivy was different than the Goddess she knew. She was breathtakingly beautiful, with ebony black hair to her ankles, wrapped in gold bands on the sides that framed her face. her eyes were the spinning galaxies that Ivy knew, all framed in thick lines of black, that came out of the sides and down next to her nose, making their almond shape even more exotic. Her skin dusted in gold shimmered as she walked closer to Ivy.
"My beautiful Earth Guardian, I have a task for you and the other four Guardians. In ten thousand years a great evil will descend upon the world, you and the others must find one another over time and space, to bring your Coven back as one. Water brings life to earth and earth's wind fuels the flames to brighten spirits heart, you each will need to find your weapons once you find them, your armor will find you. You are more powerful together than separate. When all three moons trifecta into the triple phase and align,it'll be time to unite. But, beware of a broken heart, the pain can cloud one's judgment and let the darkness in. "
"But, my Goddess, how will we find each other?"
"Trust in yourself my darling Earth , trust in your powers , in your heart. We have waited thousands of years for you, and we will wait another ten thousand years for you and your sisters to be ready. You will be ready, you must find one another, and together you will form the weapon needed to defeat the evil that's coming!"
"Why can't you defeat it?"
"Because this is your destiny, not mine."
"I'm scared"
"I know you are my child, but being strong and facing danger because you know something else is more important than your fear is, is courage and I know you can do this!" With that the Goddess came forward and pulled Ivy to her chest and held her, stroking her hair gently. Ivy watched as the world began to fade away, just like it had come. The last thing she saw was the hieroglyphs on the wall and the eye of Ra staring back at her.
Ivy found herself standing in front of the fireplace, hands still in place under John's. Ivy looked up at him, nodding he pulled his hands away from hers, then he walked her back to the couch.
"I still have a lot of questions about what I need to do now."
"I'm sure you do, I can help you if you want my help?"
"Why is the Goddess so different now?"
"Because her twin flame died because Set her brother was jealous of their power and not only tried to kill him once but twice. Her love for Osiris was so much that it brought him back from the dead. But the second time, Set cut him up into little pieces to get rid of him, she put him back together, they had a child together, who now rules over the sun but her twin flame rules over the underworld, over a few thousand years she changed. "
"This is a lot to take in...I think I need to be alone right now, I'm going to my room."
Ivy walked around John back towards her bedroom door looking back only when John called after her.
"Your training starts tomorrow at noon. You'll learn combat, magickal defense, and how to conceal your moonlight markings."
"Yeah."
Ivy looked back once more as she closed the door behind her, both Sylar and John's face looking at her a mixture of sadness and understanding, Ivy locked the door in place.