Chapter 2: Challenge Days

Emily:

It's the first day of training after Michelle left, and I've got some really important decisions to make. Firstly, the challenge. Since my regionals win back when I was on A-Troupe, it's been tradition that we must hold auditions for the next season's team. I've already told Nick, and he agrees that we need the best dancers for the troupe.

Summer:

Henry and I are just near the cubbies of studio A, and I'm showing him my Tarot Cards. He looks skeptical, but I'm sure he's just not a huge tarot card user.

I tell him to pull a card. He pulls out a metamorphosis card. That's a change card. It means something is going to happen later, and a big change is coming.

As I tell Henry this, Emily calls us all to studio A for a talk.

Nick:

Emily tells me that she's going to host "The Challenge" this year. I'm not exactly sure what she means, but I know that we need some auditions, and we need people to audition. I trust Emily. She knows a lot more about dance than I do. I really hope that TNS gets a good troupe of dancers this year.

In fact, I know the perfect choreographer that could help us with this audition. He's a family friend, and he's also danced at internationals before.

Richelle:

Emily announces that we're going to do the challenge this year. I'm fine with that. This means that A-Troupe is going to have the best of the best. We can't afford to lose nationals. But, some of the dancers seem to disagree with me. They don't want to lose their 'family'. But I think they're just scared that they'll lose their spots on the team.

Piper:

I don't know about the challenge. There are so many good dancers out there, who can do acro. I can barely do an aerial, and I almost cost the team their win in regionals. What if I am holding the team back? What if I get cut from a-troupe? What will James say if I don't make it this year?

I start to stress, and Finn notices. He looks over, and gestures for me to calm down. I giggle as I see him mouthing fruity moons. He always knows how to calm me down. I'll just have to try my best at auditions, and hope I can make it.

Amy:

I heard that A-Troupe is holding the challenge again this year. Although Acronation was an amazing experience, and I proved that I was a lead dancer, but I really want to be with my family again. Hopefully, I'll be able to get back to A-Troupe this year and mend all of the relationships I broke when leaving. I just hope Piper isn't too mad at me.

Lily:

When I hear that I have an opportunity to audition for the next step, I jump at the chance. Out of all the available studios, it's the one I'd most want to dance at. Even my mom, who's on probation, encourages me to go. I never thought that she'd support me after what I did to her, but apparently she wants me to be happy.

The next step was the best thing that had happened to me. Dancing there was actually fun for once.  Even though it was fake, I really did value my friendship with Richelle. I don't blame her for overthrowing my mom. I realise now that what she did was wrong, and I want to make it up to all of a troupe.

Emily:

As Richelle is already the face of absolute dance and has to attend nationals anyways, she's going to help me with the solo round of auditions. , She also has to leave to Spain for an appearance soon, and won't be able to make it for the last rounds. I don't worry about her getting the spot automatically though. I'm confident that she's the best dancer on A-Troupe now. I've watched her grow up, and now that Noah has broken her barriers and she can emote in her dancing, she'll be unstoppable.