Chapter 19: Words of Encouragement

Piper:

It's my fault. It's my fault again. I let the team down. I should've just quit while I was ahead. Why did I let Emily and Michelle convince me to come back? I should've known that I wouldn't be good enough to represent the next step for Dancemania. Oh god. I let Finn down too. He's going to hate me forever. My brother's an internationals winning dancer. He lead his team to victory with his duet with Riley. It should've been obvious that I'd never be as good as him.

I don't blame Finn for being late. I don't blame him for not making the lift work. He did his best, but I didn't. It's my fault. Not his.

I'm dreading facing the team. I know Ozzy is a brilliant dancer, and he'll be fine in resurrection. But because of me, we could've lost a huge opportunity for all of our dance careers. They're all going to give me those sympathetic pitying looks. I can't deal with that right now.

I don't want to face Lily and Amy. I know they're going to be here soon, and I just want to be alone. I curl up into a ball and burrow into the covers. I just hope that Ozzy can win. First, Noah and Richelle. Then, Ozzy. I can't keep making them fix my mistakes.

Amy:

Lily and I go back to the hotel room. Piper's already asleep, hidden under the covers. It's still early in the evening, but I don't blame her at all. I feel awful for her. She's had such a rough day with all of the duet drama, and then her anxiety. I just hope she's alright. I'd call Finn to come comfort her, but I don't know if she's upset at him too. I don't want to cause her any more misery.

Piper's going to be closed off for the next couple days. And I honestly don't know what to do. I'm such an awful friend.

Finn:

Since I'm roommates with Ozzy, it's going to be my responsibility to cheer him on, and help him in every way possible. He's going to have to come first, as without him, the team won't be able to advance. Apologising to Pipes is going to have to come after, no matter how much I hate having to wait for that.

For once, I wake up early. I shake Ozzy out of bed, and get him to breakfast. He's not his usual goofy self, but I'm going to try help him as much as I can.

"Come on, Ozzy. Let's get your routine sorted. Okay?" I ask him.

He nods, not saying much. Since we're early, I manage to book one of the rehearsal rooms for him.

"So what music do you want to use?" I ask.

"I don't care." He mumbles.

"Okay, how about

" this one?" I play it on my phone. He just nods, and sits there. I sit down next to him.

"Look. Bro. The whole team's cheering you on. You've got this."

"Doesn't seem like it. They're not here right now."

"We're still early. Plus, Emily's making the small group rehearse, Nick's who knows where, Ms Angela's checking in on the trio, and Amy's probably trying to cheer piper up."

Ozzy:

I don't get why Emily's even getting the dancers to rehearse. I'm not going to win this resurrection round anyways. The other team's way too good, and they get to perform their specialty. I haven't danced musical theatre since being on J troupe.

I look at Finn, and he keeps smiling at me. I guess I'll try do some dancing. Finn's actually a really good dancer, and he's definitely trained in musical theatre. At least even if I don't win, I won't humiliate myself on national television in front of the whole dance community.