Chapter 3: Break up, Make up

Amy:

Nationals is right around the corner, and I really need to talk with Piper. So, I invited her and Finn to the next steep for a tea and some scones. I would only have Piper over, but she seems to be more comfortable with Finn around. Hopefully we can have a nice conversation and go back to how we were before I joined Acronation.

I bought a strawberry tea and a chai tea for Piper and Finn before coming. I also got myself a matcha latte, which I'm sipping as I wait for them. It'll be nice to talk to Piper again.

Piper:
Amy invited Finn and I to the next steep to get some tea. I don't know where I stand with Amy anymore. It seems like dance always comes before me. I thought I understood when she took my spot at TNS east, as she's a better acro dancer than me. But when she left again for Acronation, I feel like she just thinks that she's better than me and the next step. I'm just glad that Finn can come with me. We've become really close since Amy left, and he's great at filling up awkward silences.

I spot Amy sitting at one of the tables at the next steep. She seems to have a hot tea and an iced tea with her. I gesture for Finn to follow me, as I sit down next to her.

"Hey piper! I got you a strawberry tea and I wasn't sure what Finn liked, so I got a chai tea with milk"

It's been forever since I've had a strawberry tea. Lately, Finn got me into grapefruit tea, and I haven't ordered a strawberry tea since I helped merge TNS east and TNS west.

"Thanks, Amy. So what did you want to talk about?"

"I don't know really. I just wanted to catch up on you since I left the next step."

So she didn't realise that when leaving the next step, she also left me behind. She keeps talking, and I nod and reply with some short answers, but my heart isn't really into talking with her. Eventually, I make some excuse about having to meet James, and leave the table. Finn however, stays behind to finish his tea. Perhaps he wants to talk to Amy about something. I look at him questioningly, but he only gives me his "don't even worry about it" face. Trust me. I'm an expert at identifying that face. After all, James is my brother.

Finn:

I know that Pipes felt really betrayed when Amy left the next step without telling her. I don't blame her for leaving the conversation. Amy doesn't really seem to understand that Pipes was really upset when she left. So I stay behind when pipes leaves, so that I can tell Amy what she's done. I know Amy doesn't mean any harm, but she did do something which caused pipes to be upset, and I need to fix that.

"Hey Finn! You and piper seem to have become really close. Do you know why she left so abruptly?"

"Amy. Pipes was really upset when you left. Don't you understand? You left her when her anxiety was at its peak. You weren't there for her when she had an anxiety attack at regionals. Don't you see? I was there when you weren't. She really misses you, you know?"

I leave Amy to her thoughts. She probably wouldn't want me to disturb her now. I should probably find Pipes. I'm not sure where she's gone, as she told me her brother wasn't even in town.

Amy:

I never knew how lonely piper felt after I left. I know her anxiety was pretty bad, but I didn't even know about her anxiety attack during regionals. I completely dismissed our friendship by leaving abruptly. What kind of best friend am I? I've got to make this right.

Cleo:

Since I'm new to the next step and a troupe, Nick and Emily want me to get to know b troupe by teaching them a hip hop combo. So, I'm working with 3 of the b troupers who were interested in learning some choreo. Jude, Maya, Izzy, and I are in studio one and I'm teaching the choreo. Maya's doing really well for being a more contemporary based dancer, and Izzy's acing the choreography. Jude, however, is slacking off and not learning the choreography. I don't know who she thinks she is, but dance is serious. There's not time to mess around.