Special: See You Again

I know that the topic of suicide may be a bit more mature than what I usually cover, but I know that most of my audience is at least 13, and are mostly teenagers. Thus, I think it's important to address this issue. If this topic is too sensitive for you, I completely understand, and you can skip this chapter.

Recently, someone in a school which is part of the same foundation as mine committed suicide. They were in the same year as I was; 15 years old. It's awful to think that someone who has barely lived, already felt like they had nothing to live for.

This is written in my mind for Piper and Finn, from the next step, as Piper is a character which I feel that her anxiety does affect her life immensely. However, no names are mentioned, as I want this to feel as if it could happen to anyone, as it truly can.

I want you all to remember, that you are valued. No matter who you are, what your beliefs are, I will be here for every one of you to talk. I am not perfect, but I am willing to try to help.

You matter.

--

"Suicide is a Layered, complex, issue. It's not simple, and we all need to work together."

-Jonathan Frecceri

--

It's been a long day without you, my friend

And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again

We've come a long way from where we began

Oh, I'll tell you all about it when I see you again

When I see you again

--

None of them knew what to say. The news hadn't really sank in. A whirl of conflicting emotions echoed around the room. Everything just felt like a fever dream; a nightmare waiting to end. But it wasn't a nightmare. It was real life. She was gone. How they hadn't noticed, he doesn't know. Guilt plagued the room, suffocating each and every one of them.

The funeral was small and quaint. Her family, as well as them attending. It had merely been a week. But it had felt like years and years had passed, and none of them had truly processed the turn of events.

He had been invited to speak. It had taken him tremendous effort to muster up the emotional energy to write a Eulogy. Morbid, to think a teenage boy would be forced to speak at his best friend's funeral. He broke down as he spoke, mustering up the last fragment of courage left in his body, his usually cheerful self completely hollow.

"Everything's been so hard without you. You were, and still are, my everything. From you being annoyed at me constantly, to becoming your best friend, we've come a long way. Your beautiful life was cut short, and I desperately wish that I could see you again one last time. I love you, and I'm sorry I couldn't help you."

--

Damn, who knew?

All the planes we flew, good things we've been through

That I'll be standing right here

Talking to you 'bout another path

I know we loved to hit the road and laugh

But something told me that it wouldn't last

Had to switch up, look at things different, see the bigger picture

Those were the days, hard work forever pays

Now I see you in a better place (see you in a better place)