6

"Oops."

My brain falters for a moment, trying to fully grasp his words. No matter how many times I repeated his sentence in my head, I couldn't seem to fully fathom any of it.

I was frozen to my seat in shock, unable to move while I stared at him in bewilderment. My mind was playing tricks on me. There was no way what he had said was true.

"Y-you did what?" I finally managed to sputter out, not fully believing him. The shock was written all over my face.

Vince made a circular motion with his wrist as if to tell me to catch up.

"I told your dad that I would kill you if he didn't pay back the money within the next two months, I would kill you." He repeated the words slowly as if I was stupid.

I blinked. Once. Twice.

I was going to die if my dad didn't pay back the large amount of money that Vince was demanding right now.

He was fucking crazy. My kidnapper was a fucking killer.

"So I'm going to die in two months?" I said in disbelief. He let out a dry chuckle, attempting to lighten the mood. My frown deepened.

"Not if your dad pays back my money." He said, beginning to drum his hands on the table. He was treating the whole situation like a joke while my life was on the line. The behavior only made me even more furious.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I exclaimed, my voice much louder than before. I slammed a fist into the table and suddenly stood up from my chair, my hands gripping onto the table.

He didn't seem the least bit phased by my sudden outburst.

"Calm down, darling." Vince chuckled lowly. "I'm sure you'll have the best last two months of your life here." He said the words as if they were supposed to reassure me. I narrowed my eyes.

"Now be a good girl and sit down."

"No." I gave him a death glare. For a split second, I wanted to be Superman so I would be able to shoot lasers out my eyes and fry the life out of him.

I didn't want to do anything he said. Right now I needed to escape before I got killed.

Maybe this was all some elaborate joke to test me. He couldn't actually kill me, could he?

"Do you want me to answer your questions or not?" He snapped, impatient, before gesturing for me to sit down once again.

I cursed at him under my breath before I managed to control the raging anger. With my teeth gritted, I had to physically force myself to sit down.

"What if my dad gets the FBI involved?" I said in a threatening tone.

Vince chuckled, amused. He already had a solution for that.

"He knows that I'll kill you if he does." He paused for a second before continuing. "After I leak the illegal deals he's done this past year and the excessive drug trafficking in his casino."

My dad never discussed work matters to me. He always tried to avoid topics about work and now I knew why. I was disappointed but not surprised.

There was a short silence as I sat there, processing all of the information.

Right after my dad had come to see me in person and warned me about being careful and not getting kidnapped, I got kidnapped. So ironic. And of course, there was no way out of this. Either I had terrible luck or... yeah it was just terrible luck.