𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎.

✧・゚:*✧・゚:*

As soon as Intelligence realizes that Daniel Reid is definitely their serial killer and definitely isn't coming back to his apartment, they head over there

As soon as Intelligence realizes that Daniel Reid is definitely their serial killer and definitely isn't coming back to his apartment, they head over there. Jay can't stop his thoughts from racing, wishing he was the one Voight sent to bring Mia in instead of Kim. The only way he can be sure that she is safe is if she is with him; is if he can see her alive and breathing with his own eyes. Taking the steps two at a time, Jay watches as Voight meets the two uniformed officers at the apartment door.

"You sure it's empty?" the sergeant asks with arched brows, pointing a finger at the door.

Both officers nod before one of them speaks up, but Jay doesn't recognize him. "Yes, sir. We checked the security footage and saw the suspect leave a few days ago, and no one's been back since. We got the keys from the landlord."

Voight nods and takes the keys from the officer's outstretched hand before dismissing them both. Unlocking the door, he leads the rest of the unit inside the eerily quiet apartment, immediately noticing how disheveled it looks. "Alright," he orders, "Everyone fan out. Leave no stone unturned; we gotta find this guy before he makes his next move."

Putting on a pair of gloves, Jay moves through the apartment as everyone else splits off into various directions. He walks through the living room, eyes scanning for the slightest hint of anything that could help them but besides typical clutter, there's nothing significant.

Approaching a door, he opens it slowly and peaks his head in, heart stopping in his chest. He opens the door wider and fully steps inside, eyes taking in what can only be described as a stalker's lair – like something straight out of a horror movie. A desk nestled against the wall is littered with papers and photos along with a computer. As Jay gets closer, he recognizes each of the victims. What makes his breath hitch, though, is the wall above wholly covered in photos. Every single one of them of Mia. They go at least a few months back judging by her different outfits and hairstyles, everywhere from her office to a coffee shop to her house.

Narrowing his eyes, he leans in for a better look and immediately feels sick to his stomach when he spots ones taken through the windows of her bedroom, with Mia in various stages of undress. Anger courses through his veins and he digs his nails into the palms of his fists to refrain from punching something. Though, it looks like their suspect didn't have the same restraint. A crunch sounds from under his boot when he shifts, and Jay glances down, eyes landing on the computer's monitor. It was thrown face down on the wooden floor, small pieces of glass everywhere from having shattered at the contact.