An Awkward Moment

VibishaLakshman WARNING - SOME EXPLICIT SEXUAL SITUATIONS

Modern AU : Cassandra is the daughter of a top rank Police officer, and the best friend of Rapunzel, whose father is the Mayor of the town. Varian is Eugene's cousin, and has been living in Corona for some months now. (Literally all of my Modern AU is going to have him as Eugene's cousin, because I stan Team Awesome and why not.) Varian is 21, and Cassandra is 29. This situation takes place a month after the first chapter takes place. This is a collection of one shots, and the fact that they are chronologically related is just pure co - incidence.

"Rapunzel, no. I know you want the best for me, but I really don't want a big party or something like that." Varian said, sighing. "For me, you guys are enough." He said, and took Cassandra's hand in his, and squeezed it gently, smiling softly at her.

They had been sitting together, at the Snuggly Duckling, and had been talking about Varian's birthday, which was the day after tomorrow. As much as Rapunzel wanted to plan everything in advance and do it in the most grandiose way possible, Cassandra had stopped her, telling her not to rush into things. She wasn't particularly excited with her friend's idea of throwing a surprise party for him, as she knew that Varian was not game for it. Then, at the last moment, Rapunzel had relented, but when the group was hanging out in the Snuggly Duckling, she once again decided to bring up the matter, this time turning her attention to Varian instead of his girlfriend.

"Buddy, are you sure? It's your 22nd birthday. Don't you want to go wild or so?" Eugene said, casually.

Cassandra glared at Eugene, "Fitzherjerk, dont you dare spoil him."

"Hey, come on, I was just...." but receiving another glare, this time from his girlfriend, he stopped.

Varian chuckled, "Come on guys, I know it'll be the best birthday ever, because you all will be there. This is all I want."

"Ok Varian, if that's what you want." Rapunzel said, all too cheerfully.

The Next Day :

With Eugene and Rapunzel, Afternoon :

"Hey Sunshine," Eugene, while whisking the batter, turned his to face to Rapunzel, who had been vigorously flipping through some pages of a recipe book, "Are you sure that we will be able to bake such a big cake so soon? I mean, don't you think that it's too...hypothetical and exhausting at the same time?"

"Come on Eugene! I really want to make Varian's birthday memorable by adding a personal touch to it. I can understand when he said that he doesn't want a big party or a lot of people, and that our mere presence is enough for him, but that doesn't mean that we can't have blast! Trust me, this is going to be his best birthday ever!"

Eugene sighed and looked at his girlfriend. She is always so optimistic and cheerful, with a smile on her face, and never loses her cool. Speaking of losing cool...
"Where is the Ice Lady? I thought she'd be joining us?"

"Oh, I dont know. Last night I asked her if she'd be joining us in baking a cake for him, but she told me that she has to find a perfect gift for Varian."

"I see. You know, never my wildest dreams I had thought that hey would get together. I mean, look at them!"

"I know, right? And the most amazing thing is that it wasn't until I noticed them together that night, that I realised that they are made for each other. Else, all the time I had been fearing that his love for her is hopeless, and in vain."