༻Christmas Eve in London༺

Next morning the golden rays of the sun illuminated the bedroom, shining on the juniper walls. I was still half asleep when Stephen wrapped one of his arms around my waist, then he pulled me closer. At first, I thought that he was awake, but soon I realized that he was still asleep. I was listening to his peaceful breathing with a smile on my face, while his muscular chest touched my naked back every time he took a breath. I had neither strength nor inclination to to leave the soft and warm bed, instead I was admiring the snowfall. I loved the snow, because it reminded me of Everest, but seeing the flying snowflakes, a few cheerful childhood memories revived in me. Besides, today was Christmas Eve, so I had one more good reason to be happy.

"Good morning, my precious North Star!" the love of my life greeted me in a sleepy voice, then I almost instantly turned over to my other side and looked deep into his eyes. Although, his hair was a bit messy, but in my eyes he was perfect.

"I could not wish for a better morning..." I whisperedd as Stephen was gently stroking my cheek. Moment later he took his eyes off me to admire the snowfall, then soon he looked back at me with a smile on his face.

"Would you like me to make a plate of American pancake with some fresh fruit?"

"Actually... If your hands are as skillful in the kitchen as in the bedroom, then I have no objection." I answered sincerely, then I planted a tiny kiss on his cheek. After we climbed out of the bed and finished our morning routine we went to the kitchen. Stephen was working on making pancake batter, while I was making coffee, but a few minutes later I had to face the fact that Stephen has no idea how to bake pancake or about the proper use of kitchen utensils. He was trying to turn the pancake batter over with a fork and the stove burner was on too high fire, so I decided to intervene. "I think maybe you should set the table and let me deal with the pancake." I suggested with a chuckle and with that Stephen left the kitchen.

"It was awful to watch what I was doing in the kitchen so far, right?" he joked as he threw the fork into the sink, then I grabbed the pancake spatula.

"Yeah, something like that..." I continued joking. Soon the delicious apple pancakes were ready. We quickly ate them and we had a pleasant conversation, then we sat down on the couch in the living room of Stephen's apartment. I was wondering where is the French champagne when suddenly Stephen left the living room, then soon he returned with a white velvet box.

"Here, this is for you."

"What's this?" I asked him in a surprise as he handed me it.

"I know it's a little early, but... Merry Christmas, Ella!"

"Stephen... We agreed that we won't buy gifts for each other." I reminded him, while I removed the ribbon bow and finally I opened the box. Inside the velvet box there was a magnificent golden bracelet which was decorated with six emerald gems and two mountain crystals. "Stephen, this... This is so beautiful! Thank you so much!" I thanked him the wonderful gift. "Would you please..." I asked him as I took the bracelet out of its box. Stephen gladly helped me, so moments later the bracelet was already shining around my left wrist.

 Stephen gladly helped me, so moments later the bracelet was already shining around my left wrist