༻The awakening hope༺

Although, it was already the middle of autumn, yet the days of October were not as chilly as before. What's more, I woke up on a very sunny and warm morning. After breakfast I went to Kamar Taj where I monitored the students' training, later I had a discussion with Wong and Tina, then I found peace in the library. After a few hours of reading I decided to take a walk in Manhattan and visit my favorite coffee shop. As I stood up from the desk I adjusted my moss green cashmere hooded shawl, walked to the Hall of Relics, then I went downstairs, but as soon as I reached the atrium someone knocked on the entrance.

 As I stood up from the desk I adjusted my moss green cashmere hooded shawl, walked to the Hall of Relics, then I went downstairs, but as soon as I reached the atrium someone knocked on the entrance

"Whoever it is, they really have great timing..." I sighed as I walked closer to the entrance. I had no idea that who was standing on the other side of the door, since in the recent years we had no visitors in New York, but as soon as I opened the door I saw a good friend and his visit instantly made me smile. "Hey, Captain!" I greeted him.

"I thought that we already talked about this..." the man joked. In my eyes he was more than a friend, because he was like a protective brother to me and I could always count on him. Besides, he was the godfather of my best friend's son.

"I think 'Captain' does have a nice ring to it, but as you wish, Steve... Tea?"

"Yes, please!" he replied with a smile and with that I led him to the parlor room of the sanctum where he instantly took a seat on one of the armchairs. Using my magic power, I poured hot rosemary tea into the cups decorated with wild blackberry, then I handed him one of them. "Thank you! And how are you, Ella?"

"Well... Under the circumstances, I'm good, except that I have a mild headache, but fortunately the rosemary tea can do wonders. As for Kamar Taj, everything is fine. However, it is still strange to think that currently I am the Sorceress Supreme of Earth." I admitted, while I also took a seat on the other armchair. I put two sugars into my tea, then I continued the conversation. "And what about you?"

"I'm fine..." he answered simply. "Guess what, a few days ago I saw a pod of whales in the Hudson when I was coming over the bridge."

"Really?" I asked back in surprise. To be honest, I never would have dreamed that one day whales will swim in the Hudson. "And I saw a pack of tundra wolves when I had business in Siberia. I thought that tundra wolves went extinct a long time ago, but I guess I was wrong. Since the genocide, there are fewer poachers and this is favourable to the wildlife."

"Do yourself a favor and do not tell this to Natasha!" he warned me. "She told me that if I tell her to look on the bright side, then she will hit me in the head with a peanut butter sanswich." Steve told me, then we both started laughing. As soon as the last words left his mouth his facial expression changed and his gaze became more serious. "Look, Ella... I came here, because not a long time ago something happened and you need to know about that."

"Don't get me wrong! I'm really glad that you're here, but the New Avengers Facility is on the other side of the city. Wouldn't it have been a lot easier if you just give me a call?"