ten | diver down

                                  CHAPTER TEN

CHAPTER TEN

↪DIVER DOWN↩

AFTER BEING FRIENDS with JJ for almost a decade, The Pogues (aside from Lyssa) should probably know to not listen to JJ's absurd plans. They were the root of all their troubles, constantly getting them into trouble and landing the five into dangerous situations.

JJ Maybank's master plan consisted of John B (unsurprisingly) stealing (again) from John B's job, which was helping Ward Cameron (someone who basically owned half the island) with all his expensive boating equipment. But in order to get down to the cargo hold and see if there was anything important, and with the time it took to reach the sunken ship, there was no way they were going to free-dive like earlier ... so in conclusion they needed to steal the scuba gear and one of them were going to die.

"This is empty. You took empty tanks?" Kie stated bluntly, dropping the oxygen tank down and picking up another one, "Okay, okay. This one's a...quarter full. That's enough for one of us."

Pope kicked his feet up against the boat engine as he muttered, "Love it when a plan comes together."

Kie sighed disappointedly, "Does anybody know how to dive?" she looked at them in hopes they had an undiscovered secret they had to share with the rest of the group in the time in need. Lyssa, JJ and John B glanced at one another, pointing fingers like children in hopes they'll volunteer for the job. "Anybody?"

"It's...kind of a Kook sport." JJ told her bashfully, followed by a chorus of disappointed sighs from the group.

"I read about it." Pope confessed with a stutter, causing Kie to throw her hands in the air with a groan and declare whoever was going to dive was doomed for death.

"Look," JJ began, glancing at the tanks. "You...you put the thing in your mouth and breathe. How hard could it be?"

"If you come up too fast, Nitrogen gets in your blood and you get the bends." Pope explained, blinking at JJ expressionlessly. Lyssa and JJ glanced at one another, only connecting the word in their mind with one thing.