twelve | late night confessions

                              CHAPTER TWELVE

CHAPTER TWELVE

↪LATE NIGHT CONFESSIONS↩

LYSSA SIGHED HEAVILY as she leaned her head against the door frame of the Château, she twirled the cold beer bottle in her hand before tipping it back, allowing the cold liquid to fall from the bottle and into her mouth. Her hazel colored eyes trained on the blonde boy, who laid in the hammock since they came back.

"He's still out there?" questioned John B as he opened himself a beer, looking over Lyssa shoulder at the blonde. "What's up with him?"

Lyssa shrugged, "I don't know. But I'm about to find out." she turned around, grabbing John B's beer from his hand that was in mid-air ready to meet his lips. "Thanks, Johnny." she smiled at him before walking down the creaky steps of the Château.

She stopped in front of the blonde, admiring him for a few moments. His eyes were closed and his hat was covering his eyes, his arms were crossed under his head unintentionally(or maybe intentionally) flexing his muscles. The moonlight illuminated his features. He looked truly peaceful, which brought a smile to Lyssa's face.

Figuring she had been staring at her bestfriend for quite a while (which in her case, she found weird and creepy) she cleared her throat, altering the blonde boy. "A penny for your thoughts? Well in this case beer." she said as his blue eyes met her hazel ones.

He smiled at her before sitting up and taking the beer from her hand, their fingers brushing against one another. Both felt like their skin was on fire, but neither felt the need to acknowledge it any further. She took a seat beside him, glancing out to the marsh.

"Nothing special," he muttered before dipping his head back and drinking the cold contents of the bottle.

Lyssa raised a brow, not believing him. "J, you're my bestfriend, I know when something's bothering you and something's bothering you." She lightly hit his knee with hers, "So tell me. I'm all ears."