Chapter 3 - Quality vs Quantity

After our fateful encounter with my beloved coffee jelly, I've started to go to the restaurant more often than I should. I'd go on weekends, weekdays, on holidays, and now... I go after school too.

Right now I just finished school and today is no different from any other day. Well, except... Nendou tagged along.

I heard Nendou think, I'm really hungry. We should go get ramen today! Just kidding. I can't hear his inner thoughts. But I have a strong feeling he's going to say that. "Hey, pal!" he started. "I'm hungry. We should get some ramen today!" Figures.

It doesn't matter anyway, idea rejected. The last time after school, when we went to eat ramen, it was such a disastrous experience. But now that I discovered coffee jelly, I don't think I'll be in a disastrous situation. Right? After all, coffee jelly is my happiness.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I continued walking down the streets heading straight for the family restaurant. I was so focused that I blocked out everything Nendou said.

"Hey, pal! Why aren't you responding?"

"Yo Saiki?"

"You wanna get some ramen?"

"I'm hungry."

"You know what? I'll just go by myself."

And with that, he finally left without me knowing until a few minutes later. Not that I really care, honestly.

I continued walking down the street only to abruptly stop shortly after. I looked through the front window of the convenience store and see an isle of neatly placed coffee jelly. Quickly I entered the store to take a better look at my beautiful coffee jellies. I skimmed over the many rows of neatly placed coffee jellies.

Wow! It's the same premium coffee jelly from the restaurant but cheaper! I continued to look at the rest of the coffee jellies. What?! They also sell them in a pack of three for only 183¥! That means each one would be 61¥. That's such a good deal compared to getting one large coffee jelly for 183¥! Which one should I get? Obviously the 3-packed one. Wait! What about the net weight?

I picked up both packaging, examing the net weight. Just as I predicted. Each container in a 3-pack is smaller. I put back the 3-pack as I watch the 3-pack coffee jelly fumed in fury. Calm down, I still love you but the quality for the premium one makes up for the quantity in the 3-pack. I'm sorry you're not 'Heather'.

I added 5 more premium coffee jellies to my cart and continued on until I reached 21 premium coffee jellies. Ha! That's enough to cover my entire desk. I should have enough money. After all, I have an allowance of 3,000¥ in my wallet which I didn't forget this time.

I picked up the 3-packed coffee jelly. But hold up, if I buy 16 packs of 3-packed coffee jellies with my 3,000¥, I'll have... 48 individual coffee jellies?! Woah! I can make a whole bed with all of them! The three-pack coffee jelly's mood changed really quickly from furry to an exciting madness. On the other hand, the premium coffee jelly fumed in fury from top to bottom. Hey, once again I love you both but I can get more for less quality.

Now here comes the hard decision: Which one should I get?

I looked at the plain 3-packed coffee jellies, then to the illuminating premium coffee jellies, and back to the plain 3-packed coffee jellies, contemplating which one to get. My eyes widen as I looked further to the right. My mouth waters as I see an extra-large premium coffee jelly for 2950¥. Oh no. Now what? I'll have to choose between three different options.

*** A Few Moments Later***

Alright, I'll pick this one. I walked out of the convenience store feeling satisfied with my purchase. I can't believe they would sell one extra-large premium coffee jelly for 2950¥. What a waste of money when you could buy a pack of 3 and get 48 coffee jellies. Who is that stupid to buy an extra-large premium coffee jelly for 2950¥?

Ha! I am that stupid person...

I don't understand what I'm doing. Why did I even buy this? Plus, the net weight is only 55g. Is the taste of this one better than just eating 48 regular coffee jellies from a pack of 3? But aren't all coffee jellies the same? How would the taste affect the price? But then again, there could be a slight possibility that this tastes better. If not, I'm going to destroy their factory.

Anyways, I should hurry home. You never know who may attack me and my precious 3,000¥ extra-large premium coffee jelly.

Should I teleport home? That would be the fastest option but, people would notice. Or, I could teleport the coffee jelly home? But, that's kind of complicated.

I notice a baseball fly towards my coffee jelly. Oh no. It'll crush my coffee jelly! Psychokinesis! I watch as the ball flies far up into the sky. I opened the bag carefully examining my coffee jelly for any damage. Phew~ Thank goodness I managed to save it last minute. The extra-large premium coffee jelly blushes pink. Yes, I know. I'm proud to be your prince charming who saved the damsel in distress.

"I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" a voice behind me said. Yeah, I'll be okay but I don't know if you'll be. You almost hurt my precious coffee jelly!

I heard a familiar voice say, "Oh! Hey pal! Sorry about that!" I turned around to see Nendou standing there with the young boy. Actually, on second thought, I'll let your off the hook so please hurry and leave.

"You know him?" the young boy asked.

"Yeah! That's my best pal right there!" Nendou said proudly. " Hey, pal? How come you didn't go eat ramen with me? We promised."

Promise? Nendou are you stupid? Since when did we make a promise? You just left on your own.

"Oh well, nevermind pal! It's all good!"

Also, why do you always show up at the worst possible times? I'm trying to get home ASAP. Otherwise, something like this might happen to my coffee jelly again.

The little boy looked around and asked, "Oh! Have you seen my ball? It doesn't seem to be here anywhere."

Oh... That ball...

***Small Time Skip***

"Strange... It should have landed here." Nendou said, looking around the bushes.

Yea, it originally did land here, that's why I'm using clairvoyance to search for it. After a few minutes, I still couldn't find it. This is useless. Let's just give up. I'm going home.

Yeah sure, you could say it's my fault for throwing it away but it was their fault for throwing it at me.

The boy suddenly starts tearing up. "My ball.. it was so special to me. Grandpa bought it for me at an auction sale." Oh, good grief. I'll just help the boy out for once.

I ended up using thoughtography only to find the ball submerged in water.

Well, to get it.. I'll probably need to use apportion. I then laid out all my things hoping it was equivalent in value.

Apport! I opened my hands revealing the little kid's baseball.

Clutching the baseball, I walked over to the little boy who still crying about his ball. "It's not here! That ball was expensive at the auction center. Grandpa spent 3,000¥ just to get it for me!"

I suddenly stopped dead in my tracks realizing something very important... my coffee jelly...

My coffee jelly is now in the water...

I unfrozen and continued walking, handing the boy his ball back. He squealed in happiness, "Oh my god! Onii-chan! Thank you so much for finding my ball!" I turned around, slightly smiling as I walked all the way back home.

Oh well... As long as the kid is happy, I guess sacrificing my coffee jelly won't be that bad...

A/N:
Hi! 😂

Sorry for a longer chapter than usual,
I hope you don't mind.

I hope you enjoyed reading this book

Please provide me feedback to better improve

Have an amazing day/afternoon/night!

From,
Author-chan~