BYE: 1

JIMIN

"It is almost time for our alpha men to go to training. We will need to send a few omegas with them to care for them at the training grounds. Those who are willing, you may sign up over there with Ling Chi."

Jimin listened as the pack leader's adviser addressed the pack. He turned to his left when he felt a nudge in his rib.

"You're signing up this year right?" His omega friend, Jin, asked, "I'm not letting my Joonie go alone and you can't let me go alone."

Jimin frowned, "Technically, if you're going with Namjoon you aren't going alone."

Jin glared at him, "You know what I mean!"

Jimin chuckled and nodded. "Well you're in luck. I am signing up this year."

Jin squealed and clapped excitedly. "Yes! We have a couple days until we leave. So we should start packing tomorrow."

Jimin smiled at his excitement, "I'm glad Namjoon will just be doing weapon maintenance. I don't know how you would cope if he was an actual warrior."

Jin's excitement dulled a little, "Well you know, he's been to war already so he doesn't need to go again. But his expertise requires him on this trip."

"Yea I know. But imagine the omegas who do have spouses that are going to fight. I'd be devastated." Jimin said. He looked around his pack. He could already feel the sadness looming in the air.

The unspoken whisper of death hung high in the atmosphere as omegas walked over to Ling Chi.

"Well just be glad you haven't found your mate yet then." Jin shrugged as he grasped Jimin's arm and pulled him towards the sign up booth.

Jimin rolled his eyes, "Please don't talk about this again. I'm happy with where I am Jin. When I get back from serving I'm going to teach in the pack's Kindergarten. I don't care if I have an alpha by my side or not. I don't need one."

Jin glanced at him, "Jimin you know that's technically not true. Sooner or later you'll want an alpha. You'll want pups and a family."

Jimin scoffed, "Want...Not need. Plus no one here piques my interest so what's the sense?"

"You're acting like you've met every alpha here. There are thousands of them in our pack Jimin." Jin said as they stood in line.

"Yea well, I haven't found a scent that 'drives me wild' yet." Jimin made air quotations as a way to mock the way Jin had said he felt when he'd met Namjoon.

Jin scoffed and slapped Jimin's arm, "You're hopeless! What if you find someone at the training grounds?"

"Hell no. I don't want to be a mourning Omega. I would never go for a fighter." Jimin shook his head stubbornly.

"You can't choose who you fall for Jimin."

"The fuck I can! I'm the one who controls who I want to be with." Jimin said as they moved up into the line.

Jin shook his head at his friend, "You never know what can happen Chim. But I guess it's best if you don't fall for a fighter. I wouldn't want you to hurt if something happens."

Jimin scoffed, "Don't worry Jin. I will never fall for a fighter. Ever."