Chapter 9

*'*

If I continue this plan my brother will be saved-

"Nii-chan, how can it rain in summer?" Takashi walks near his brother, who is playing with the windows curtains. "I was looking forward to the beach with mom and dad." Kirino pouts, huffing his cheeks to emphasize how disappointed he is. "Oh, where is mom and dad?"

"How many questions do you have?" The redhead chuckled, sitting on a couch. Kirino bit his lips and sat on his brother's lap.

"Plenty." He said in monotone. He bang his head on Takashi's chest, the latter winched in pain. Eyes twitching and he found it hard to breathe. "My first question is, who are those guys in that van. Then, how do mushrooms grow on cows like the mooshrooms in Minecraft? Followed by, why are most animals naked? How can my hair become pink when Papa's is red and mom is brown." Takashi actually is thinking hard about that question, it made sense but he can't find out how.

"Do bee's like cauliflower? Fish take a shower? Do you like Nana-nee? How does apple juice become apple juice but look like pee? What should mothers do when a baby can't get out?"

"Ranmaru, breath."

"Will you leave me?" That simple question made Takashi suprised. He looks at the window to see the raindrops drop and grins geniuly. On the other hand, Kirino thinks his brother is going to be crazy. Takashi faced Kirino again, staring at the younger's hazy, blue eyes, then strokes the pink fluff in front of him.

-But someone will mess things up-

"Yes I will." Kirino's wondering-if-his-brother's-crazy expression became a frown. "Even if I don't want to, I still will. It will happen to mom, dad, your friends, to everyone around you, and you. No one can change that, not even the immortals in movies and animes. If you could live for so long and watch your love ones parish, that will be a big burden and sadness. That will be painful, very painful." Tears fall down from Takashi's eyes when he sees the future again. He hates the gift he has. He wants to be a normal person. Someone that can't see, and try to renew the future. But he has bad luck.

-Mom... Dad...-

Kirino gently wipe the tears from Takashi's eyes. He held the hands of his brother and hugged him. He rubbed soft circles on the soft palms of the older. "When you're not gone yet, I would be here, besides you," was the soft whisper. Takashi sobbed in his brother's embrace, though it is really embarrassing. He just loves the warmth from his little brother, it won't last though.

-Only six days left.

*^*

"No sempai! I can't bare it without you!" Tenma says dramatically, whipping a tear off his face. "What will I do if you're not here?" The team burst out laughing. Tenma looks insane and silly. They are making fun of Shindou, who is currently in a bad mood since Kirino left two days ago. And to lighten Shindou's mood they are making fun of him, but it's totally not working.

"Hahaha! Tenma! Your such a bad actor!-"

"Thank you."

"-Why will Shindou call his best friend  'sempai'? Hahaha" Nishiki laughed hard. He is now currently on the floor, clutching his stomach for support. "Hamano's and Kariya's are terribly hilarious but yours is awesome! It's so terrible! Hahaha."

"Stop talking and laughing at the same time if you want to live!" Midori stomped her foot besides the laughing man.

"Gomen, it's just so funny!"

"I agree with Nishiki-sempai!"

Shindou let out a deep breath. It's been two days since Kirino got kidnapped by his OWN brother. He misses the lad very badly. It feels like it's his fault for everything. They say it isn't, but he still insists.