Chapter 12

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
Jennifer

I'm thankful that at least my foot feels alright and I can walk even if it is with a little bit of uneasiness. Without putting much thought to it, I grabbed my apartment keys from the dresser near the door. I quickly locked the door, got inside the elevator and pressed the button to the ground floor.

Once I was outside I saw Leonard standing beside the car. He is one of the loyal bodyguards of my dad. He opened the door for me like a gentleman he has always been. We reached my parents house after a drive of about forty five minutes.

Here we go again...

Not even a month ago I was right here listening to their blabbering about my so-called fiance and here I'm again. I wanna cry at my luck so bad.

I slowly walked towards the huge doors of prison and as soon as I set my foot in front of the door, it automatically gave me access to enter. I took a deep breath and prepared myself. Once I entered inside, I waved my hand towards the door, mumbling a quick 'bye bye freedom'.

"Ma'am, Sir is waiting for you in his study room." Bexley said. She is the daughter of Melissa, who was practically my mother when I was young, but unfortunately she died in an accident. I miss her and seeing Bexley makes me happy as she's the exact replica of her mother.

"Bex, how many times do I need to remind you to call me Jen." I said playfully smacking her arm.

"But it would be unprofessional, I'm in the middle of my job." She said pouting.

"Silly, you're practically my sister." I hugged her tightly.

"JENNIFER" I jumped back from Bex as my dad's voice echoed in the entire house. I dashed towards his study room like my life depended on it.

When I finally made it there, the first thing that caught my attention was this weird looking freaking million worth painting of a lady with hypnotizing eyes that hung above the study desk of my father. It freaks me out every single time I come here and it seems to give a vibe like I-dare-you-to-lie-&-I'll-make-sure-you-rot-in-hell.

I said a quick 'Hey' waving my hands awkwardly in the air.

Walter looked at me worriedly. On the other hand, Mom took a quick glance towards me before focussing her attention back on her newly painted nails. Okay, hello to you too my lovely mom.

Dad just glared at me and looked like he's going to explode any moment. What did I do? Can somebody explain?

"WHAT THE HECK IS THIS?" Dad said and as I hesitantly looked at where he was pointing, my eyes popped out of its sockets when I saw the image after image of Hiten carrying me were on display on the big screen with the help of the projector.

I looked at the screen and then back at dad, I continued this process for what feels like forever. How? When? Why? Oh no. This is so humiliating and embarrassing. I'm screwed.

"Care to explain?" Dad said. The look on his face is so scary that if looks could kill I'd have died a thousand times with a slow and painful death.

"Don't tell me that you are dating this guy even after I gave you warnings prior to sending you to college." The words slipped like venom from his mouth and he continued to glare at me.

"Honey, I don't think she's in a relationship." Mom told dad, for a minute I was shocked that Mom was supporting me. I was about to go hug her, but stopped when she said, "I mean, look at her..." She made a weird face, "And look at him." She said dreamily. My family is crazy if you ask me.