1.4

Hope you've mentally prepared :) This is a double update, the second chapter of which is... spicy.

~~~

*Ding!*

My phone buzzed from my nightstand, the vibration echoing through the wood it was made of, and waking me from my light sleep. I groaned, wondering why now had to be the time that my brain wouldn't let me fall back into slumber. I wiggled beneath my heavy sheets, opening my eyes and turning away from the blinding light that shined from the window, which I'd unfortunately forgotten to cover last night. Groaning, I reached for my phone, turning down the harsh brightness, and inspecting what exactly it was that had disrupted me.

1 Notification from Email

Modeling Opportunity

from famousmodelingagency@wap.com

Hello Ms Y/N L/N,

My name is Nigel Costanza, I'm a representative from FAMOUS™ Modeling Agency located in Hosu.

We recently received a photography portfolio, in which you were portrayed as a subject piece. Us here at FAMOUS™ adored your modeling style and confidence, and would like to work with you, and potentially hire you at our agency. We were informed that you've never modeled professionally, so we would like to schedule a date and time for you and a photographer to collaborate on your headshots and a trial shoot.

All of the costs, including the photography session itself, makeup, clothing, and transportation will be completely covered by the company for your convenience.

You are more than welcome to either call or text me at any time, to either answer questions or to discuss scheduling, at (xxx)xxx-xxxx. I am looking forward to hearing from you!

-Nigel and the FAMOUS™ team.

My mouth hung agape, and my eyebrows furrowed in doubt. I laughed dryly at the email before me, seeing that it was so obviously a scam. I rolled my eyes, shaking off the fact that I had both wasted my time by reading such nonsense, and had been woken up by it in the first place, and instead got up to fill my empty stomach. Unsurprisingly, Hanji sat with her legs sprawled across several of our barstools, her eyes glued to her computer as she furiously typed.

"Morning sleeping beauty!" The redhead chimed as I slumped into the kitchen, though it was clearly a comment on how it was fading into the afternoon and I'd just woken up. I yawned in response, grabbing a loaf of bread from it's storage spot on top of the microwave, and shoving it into the toaster, forcing the stubborn levers down so that the cooking process could begin. I sighed, turning to my roommate and watching as she came to slow in her typing.

"I got an email from some fake modeling agency earlier," I yawned again, "It's the first thing to make me laugh in a while."

Hanji's typing came to a complete stop, and she peeked up at me from her bright laptop screen, eyebrows knitted in surprise and curiosity. "You sure it's fake? How would they have gotten your email?"

I shrugged, turning away from her to toss the hot toast onto my plate, cursing when the heat nipped my fingertips a little too much. "How would I know?"

The ginger scoffed, closing her computer shut to give me her full attention. Her eyes narrowed, inspecting me as I spread the jam on my freshly baked slice of bread, the crumbs flying all across my plate as I did so.

"Let me see it." She held out her hand, making small grabbing motions as she awaited for me to give her my phone.

I sighed, putting down my precious breakfast and picking up my device, unlocking it, and opening the email. I stretched over the counter to reach her, and watched as she snatched the technology from me, clearly suspicious. Hanji opened her computer again, and I assumed she was going to do some investigative work. I went back to my toast, crunching on the crisp slice, surprisingly satisfied with the bread to jam ratio I'd achieved.

"uh... Hey B..." Hanji trailed, using the cute nickname she'd given me some time ago. I hummed, mouth full, and began making my way around the counter to sit in the n seat next to her. "This email is the same as the official email address listed for this company. It's... the 4th biggest modeling agency in Japan."

I nearly spat out my toast, widening my eyes as I pulled her laptop across the cold granite towards me so that I could double check her detective work. I gulped down what food was left in my mouth, staring down at the address on my phone, checking every last letter to make sure it matched what was on the computer.

"You're kidding." I scoffed, still not believing the obscurity of what was happening. Hanji scooted her chair closer to me in order to oversee my usage of her precious device, though her presence didn't make me hesitate. The gears in my brain started to turn. 'If they're the 4th biggest agency in Japan then...'

'N...i..g.e...l Cos...t..a...nz..a' I typed.

'Nigel Costanza, Head of Public Relations at FAMOUS™ Modeling Agency in Hosu, Japan.'

"Oh fuck me." I said exasperatingly, an unbelieving breath escaping my lips as I shook my head. Hanji didn't look surprised. In fact, she was wearing more of an 'I told you so' look.

"Well, what are you waiting for?! Call him!" She suggested.

I shook my head, letting the thought sink in. "Right!"