I Want Much More Than This Provincial Life

"Heh! Oh boy! Beau's gonna get the surprise of his life, huh, Gabrielle?" Lefou asked as he, Gabrielle, Gaston and some few other people stood outside of Beau's home.

"Yep. This is my lucky day!" Gabrielle said fixing her wedding dress. Then she turned to the crowd. "I'd like to thank you all for coming to my wedding. But first I better go in there and let the groom propose. I know he's been dying to, no need for him to make it a surprise anymore."

The minister, baker and the others laughed heartily, while the bimbettes sighed dreamily at Gaston who was trying to loosen his over tight coat.

"Now, you Lefou. When Beau and I come out that door…"

"

Oh I know, I know! I strike up the band!" Lefou says and then turns and began directing the band to play 'here comes the bride'

Gabrielle sighed at his stupidity and gestured to Gaston who proceeded to slam a baritone over Lefou's head.

"Not yet!" Gabrielle said

"Sorry!" Lefou said from inside the instrument, with his lips sticking out the mouthpiece.

Beau was inside the cottage reading his new book when he heard a knock on the door. He walked to it and pulled down some sort of telescope to see who was at the door. Beau groaned when he saw it was Gabrielle and he pushed the door open.

"Gabrielle, what a pleasant… surprise." Beau said with gritted teeth.

"Isn’t it though? I’m just full of surprises." Gabrielle said entering the cottage.

"You know, Beau, there’s not a man in town who wouldn’t love to be in your shoes. This is the day your dreams come true."

"What do you know about my dreams, Gabrielle?" Beau asked.

"Plenty. Here, picture this." She plopped down on the chair, crossing her legs revealing her thighs from the slit in the wedding gown, then leans her elbows on Beau's book.

"A beautiful cottage, your latest kill roasting on the fire, and your little wife, which is me, massaging your feet, while the little ones play with the dogs."

Beau looked at her disgusted. Gabrielle got up next to him.

"You'll want dogs right? Of course you'll do, every man loves his hunting dogs. We’ll have six or seven."

"Dogs?"

"No Beau, children! Three strapping boys like you and three beautiful princesses, like me!"

"Wow, Gabrielle, I’m speechless. I really don’t know what to say." Beau said as Gabrielle tried to corner him.

She finally trapped him at the door.

"Say you’ll marry me." Beau discreetly reached for the doorknob.

"I'm very sorry, Gabrielle, but I just don’t deserve you." Beau twirled the knob and the door opened.

Beau sidestepped Gabrielle and she tumbled out the door and into the mud.

Beau quickly shut the door after her.

The Wedding Band starts playing 'here comes the bride' and Gabrielle groaned in disgust at her soiled wedding dress.

Lefou, who was directing the band, looked down and saw Gabrielle all muddy with a pig on her head.

Gabrielle tilted her head and the pig slid down her back.

"So, how'd it go?" Lefou asked stupidity and Gabrielle glared at him, and then threw mud at his face.

"Oh my dear sister, did Beau do this to you? I'll give that no-good idiot a piece of my…"

"No." Gabrielle said interrupting Gaston. "There must be another woman, that's what making him act this way. But no matter, I will have Beau for my husband, make no mistake about that."

She got up from the mud and angrily walked home, her brother behind her.

After a while, Beau peeked out of his cottage.

"Is she gone?" He asked the chickens. When he saw no one in sight, he came out fully.

"Can you imagine, she asked me to marry her. Me, the husband of that boorish, brainless…" He walked to the pen, feeding the animals.

BEAU:
Madame Beau, can’t you just see it? Madame Beau, my little wife.
Not me, not her, I guarantee it.
I want much more than this provincial life…

He runs off into an open field overlooking a beautiful valley

BEAU:
I want adventure in the great wide somewhere
I want it more than I can tell
And for once it might be grand to have someone understand
I want so much more than they’ve got planned

Beau is snapped out of his daydream by Phillpe's neigh. He becomes disturbed when he doesn't see his father with the horse

"Phillipe! What are you doing here? Where’s…? Where’s Papa? Where is he, Phillipe? What happened? Oh, we have to find him, you have to take me to him!"