Chapter 4

Once they have arrived to Colonel Sieghart's base, they were greeted by a handful ship girls. But before they could settle down, they went first to Colonel Sieghart's office. For the first time, for long time, they'll be meeting each other face to face again. He wondered that if he's still the same, after all, because from the past months, he got critically injured that literally got himself a near death experience. Although, they reported he didn't know what happened to him except he's going to arrest Admiral Marx and he got shot badly. Commander Ken sees Colonel Sieghart he has a bandage on his left face, thinking he has a large scar on it. Beside him is Jean Bart, the leader of Vichya Dominion, it made him quite uneasy. But he never forgotten to salute to him despite his injuries after all, he respected the man.

"Colonel Sieghart, I am here to come under your command." Commander Ken said with eagerness then Colonel Sieghart smirks.

"Good to see you, old friend." He greeted as he let him take a seat on the couch nearby, then he followed by sitting on the opposite couch.

"How you've been especially after the incident?" Commander Ken asked politely as he's being served a glass of wine then Jean Bart gives Colonel Sieghart also a glass of wine.

"I've been well. More than in fact, I have some memory problems though, they say." Colonel Sieghart answered also admitting there's something amiss to his mind, which made Jean Bart's brow raised.

"Ouch, hopefully not the important ones." Commander Ken gave his concerns which made Colonel Sieghart laugh a bit and nod. It seems Colonel himself agreed it shouldn't be the ones amiss after all, it would hinder his work and progress.

"You're right. Also, congratulations for your promotion. So the wine here is for your official welcome and little celebration." Colonel Sieghart said as he raised his glass of wine and Commander Ken did likewise. They both finished up their drinks, then they take another round.

"Thank you, it's been a pleasure to meet you in battle. However, now it seems the duel will be some other time." Commander Ken said as he feels somewhat disappointed their next fight will be some other time or worse, it will never happen again.

"Perhaps, if Jean Bart would allow it." Colonel Sieghart replied which that made a little surprise to Commander Ken after all, he knows that Sieghart himself isn't the type of man would ask permission with this type of thing.

"Umm... Why? Also, what is your relationship with her?" Commander Ken asked politely at the same time, curiosity flows within his mind, why would he literally ask permission to her.

"Ehm. Commander Ken, she's someone very important to me." Colonel Sieghart answered with confidence that made a shocked face to Commander Ken, he cannot believe that Jean Bart is his someone important. So he's now shivering, because Jean Bart also made him quite uneasy earlier.

"E-EH?!" He is totally loss for words.

Three hours later, at the mess hall. Commander Ken is very quiet while eating his bento meal ordered from the counter. His new ship girls were quite worried about his current state. Something must've happened that shouldn't be.

"Err... Shikikan, you okay?" Hiryuu asked as she is worried about him, after all they've just arrived and he's quiet very unusual of him they think.

"I'm fine, it's just loss for words earlier." He answered but not with confidence this time he feels like he got hit by something shouldn't be.

Of course, it's because of Colonel Sieghart's newfound relationship with Jean Bart as he deduced. He became more aware of himself and to his subordinates. He also wondered that will he also have someone special to his side. Anyways, they're also getting old lucky for his friend he have one and hopefully they will stay close as it is, that is his only wish for his friend. But it is not the time to think about it, he knows it will come to pass someday to his life.