Chapter 7

When Hiryuu got Commander Ken to her vessel, Souryuu left to aid the two running cruisers. Hiryuu looks to him in somewhat distraught because her vessel's portside got damaged and he can tell by her face alone that she got fired up and got damaged but at least not fatally but still it could hinder.

"I now know why Souryuu wanted me here." He mumbled then adds, "To actually look after your sister."

"Shikikan, errmm... About my portside, it got hit earlier, so I can't move much." She said sheepishly as she escorted him inside the vessel heading to the control bridge.

"Geez... Alright, knowing you it's normal." He replied as he sighed, then he pats her shoulder, "But remember, don't die, okay?" He added then he sits down to the chair.

He is still assessing the motive of the enemy, but he knows a little about the Sirens' motive, but knowing their violent nature, he concluded that they just want to destroy their outpost to get to the inner base.

"Hiryuu, remain air superiority. I'll contact Souryuu for the situation outside the perimeter." He ordered and Hiryuu complied, then he uses the radio to contact Souryuu.

"Souryuu, got the leader spotted?" He asked while checking outside for the situation of the battle. He sees that London and Repulse are having heavy damages on their riggings, then made him to ruffle his hair aggressively since he's getting pressured for this. Although for 10 minutes, Souryuu didn't respond.

"Damn it!" He slammed since it took too long for Souryuu to answer, he's thinking that she might've been in danger without him noticing it.

"I should've gone with her! Damn it, I'm only doing this because I'm honoring our deal..!" He thought angrily to his hesitance to his earlier's assumption. Then he looks to Hiryuu.

"Hiryuu, we'll push them back as quickly..." He said then Hiryuu looks to him with a slight raised brow.

"You sure? You're going full charge ahead?" Hiryuu wanted to clarify things from him since she thinks it would be a very bad idea especially to her current situation.

"Souryuu didn't respond, I don't think this would be a good idea for real but-- she's in peril for the worse." He replied as he's having a headache because of this, Hiryuu doesn't want anything to happen to her big sister, she complies.

"Alright, hang on tight!" Hiryuu said as she's controlling her vessel by putting up to its maximum speed and he is gripping tight to his chair's armrests.

Commander Ken, doesn't want to think for the worse, after all, this is their first fight against the Sirens together with the other Royal Navy girls. However, in his mind, losing Souryuu will be a big no, since they know each other for long, especially during his days as Lt. Commander. They got pretty along especially hanafuda, they would have friendly matches together, but he still cannot beat Souryuu, but he still continues to ask for rematch from time to time. Hiryuu, is like his partner in crime especially how they adore Souryuu from the shadows, only the two will know of the facts they see.

"All ships, press forward!" He commanded everyone through the radio.

At Belfast and Mogami's position, they saw the Siren Elite waiting for them, however what is bothering them is that the Siren Elite hasn't been accompanied with any Siren ships. They're thinking that worse might come at their backs.

"Belfast, anything on your radar?" Mogami asked as she's loading up her shells to her main batteries.

"None. It seems it is really alone." Belfast answered as she looks to the Siren Elite that has many turrets on its back also forming a sadistic smile.