Chapter 3 Rafal An unexpected encounter

Here's Raney, my new character. She doesn't look so evil right? I think I should improve more...

He hadn't been punished since he became the fearsome schoolmaster. His fellow students and servants always paid him much respect and won't say a word to retort unless he wanted them to speak up.

Nevertheless, this was different at all. The soldiers rushed at him and Raney's side violently. He tried to run too in react. They were surrounded by a massive amount of fighters. The evil girl raised her glowing finger to attack, but unfortunately, they were out-numbered seriously. His powerful magic didn't work too much at all, black lighting shot quickly but no use. A hard object flew against Rafal's chest and he landed on the ground, pain rushed into him completely, excruciatingly sharp. He covered his wound with his palm, barely avoided numbing from it. The army discovered him and twisted his arm at his back, spilling more blood out. He focused more, he saw a soldier putting the bullets back to his gun. He felt hopeless.

Raney was arrested soon, two Kei's loyal warriors carried them into a dark narrow path, passing through an old dusty staircase, straight to the dungeons. He felt his face wavered rapidly, his hair reverted to white colour, his pale face became more light-coloured, red draining out of his cheeks. Raney peeked at him, she muttered something under her mask with worry. He understood her facial expression at once: magic doesn't work in jails. They might be discovered their realities, but there were hundreds of soldiers behind them. There was no way to sneak out. Rafal pulled his cap down and seized his coat tighter with his shoulders.

They were led into a prison cell and thrown into it cruelly. With the heat of passion, Rafal's hands were bound up by the guards outside, the keen chains stabbed through his injured chest, he went just semi-conscious. Raney gazed at him, she was sure that he wasn't in the condition to fight. She tried to use her elbow to support him to stand up, but after seeing the horrible glare from the soldiers, she looked away.

Chicken. Rafal glowered at her. He wouldn't be beaten by anything. He wouldn't give up so easily. He raised his head and limped to open the doors of his cage, from his back of his hands, he could feel warm blooding dripping off. His head spinning. He fell again. His will power gone thoroughly.

"Hester, do you hear some sounds from this beginning of the corridor? " spoke a teenage boy's voice at the end of all prison.

Rafal glanced up and saw a group of prisoners staring at them with strange looks. Hester spoke up first, "From the look of your uniforms, it seemed to be Calmot's soldiers, why are you here? "She questioned with arms crossed.

He gazed at Raney firmly. She nodded at him and hid him behind her as much as she could. She turned to face the other prisoners, " I am Lucy and he is Fred. We are both supporters of you Tedros but forced to work for King Rhian. However, I am sure that we will break out very soon. Does anyone know the location of Queen Sophie? " She softened her voice and asked kindly.

They exchanged looks and looked at Raney and him in hesitation. Tedros seemed to be relieved that there were still companions helping him outside but angry about the cruelty of the new king. He smiled grievously, " Thanks to you two for trusting me in this hard time. I thought Sophie was with Rhian and the snake in the castle, but there are no ways to get out of here. "He lowered his head.

"There must be a way. "smiled Raney. She made it the first time to look at him.

Smart girl. He thought.

Anadil, Hester and Dot paused and flicked their brows. Even Beatrix, Reena, William and Borden scowled at them but then gave out some sympathetic looks. All Rafal could do was to stretch his hat lower. Among the jail, only Clarissa sat straight without giving any reactions. She quietly peeked at him, his bloody fist tensed. He knew they couldn't trick the dean any longer. Raney closed her eyes compactly and concentrated hard. He tried to make his fingertip glow too, but it turned out nothing. Outside the dungeons, they could barely hear someone screaming for help and arrogant laughter of the winners. This feeling was horrible, being hung on the walls with one chain one around the neck. His heartbeat started to become terse. He struggled to take off the rope bound behind him without his magic. More blood split out from the bruises and cuts from his arms and hands. He won't stop, for Evil's future. Every movement made his wound even serious. He groaned silently in pain. He must not be discovered before they flee.