Chapter 14 Rafal The abandoned love

Rafal felt that his powers strengthened when he got control of Japeth's scims, which brought him a feeling of strangeness, but familiarity in a sense of bloodline. Gazing at the abandoned son who was seemingly named Japeth in his foggy memory, he saw himself in him, on his determination of seeking true love. They are common in various aspects. However, the school master had chosen to turn his back on his son years ago, and there's never been a "turning back" choice after that cold-blooded decision.

"I never regard you as my father. Yet, you are indifferent than I have imagined, more obsessed with gaining power. "Japeth glared at him. He armed himself with weapons, but without the control over scims, that was evidently useless.

"So do you. However, I suggest you look into the reasons that cause my terrible actions than looking at the surface. That's boring enough for me to stand. " Rafal replied without tasting any bitterness from his son's words. The school master plucked a hair from Japeth and stirred with a potion that happened to be changing appearances.

"What the hell is the reason enough to force a beloved father to abandon his son then? " The snake snapped in disbelief.

"Time. Time is insufficient for me, even that's a number over a thousand. " Rafal used his chill voice to hid his bitterness behind.

"Insufficient for what? "

"Finding back the true love I devastated a long time ago. "

"Impossible. You sliced your brother in half with your bare hands. And you're now intimating me he is your true love?" Japeth said dismissively.

"Listen, that's a was. I'm not gay. " Rafal shook the solution and preened himself with features like his sons.

"Alright, right. " Muffled a few words, Japeth's pale face sparked a pitch of red, "That's the Sophie from the woods beyond. Thanks to your efforts, she was trained to be plucky up til now. "

"She is the reason. And...your reason is your deceased love. Every story has an unfortunate beginning for us to strive for a breakthrough chance, stories always start with tragedies. So did you and I? Yet, whether the triumph is a success or not, the ending always depends on the will of the pen. "

"You want the pen. Therefore, you intend to steal the snake's identity from me, to be one of the candidates of the one true king. A rather obvious reason which I couldn't spot. But in contrast, have you ever considered my desire and the broken heart caused by your disappearance in my childhood? " The snake sniggered bitterly, his eyes were hollow and of ice blue colour. Like father, like son. Rafal thought.

An odd feeling told him that sentence was familiar, which he couldn't tell it what the source was.

"I am not the one causing it. That's the storian, the gracious pen. The one sending sorrow and the threat of death to us. Fate is uncontrollable if it is not in our own hands. We shall get over the ruling of the storian. We shall write our legends ourselves, cover violence with stories about love... or perhaps deadly wars. " The school master turned around awkwardly.

"Then nevers will be the ones who have the everlasting never after. "

Japeth was silent, but Rafal could feel his emotion bursting below his pair of ice-clue hollow eyes and his fair skin. He was flurried by the school master's lines and felt sentimental about the destiny of himself and his boyfriend, who were once looking forward to their never after.

Rafal glanced at the solution in his hands, an better idea popped out of his mind. Collaborate. Right. He lacked companions.

"Should we cooperate, for the bright future of evil, the continuous love of you and Aric beyond the boundary between life and death, forever as a never after? "Rafal gave out his hand in front of him, remained in the air. Like Raney the betrayer, when they first met.

"Nope in the past. "Japeth replied and paused, " But an exception for now, but it never lasts forever. " Granting a bigger possibility to the success in his plan, the snake smiled broadly with the hid of the shadows. So did the school master.

"I presume you won't waste the potion, right, gentleman? " Stepping forward, the snake eyed the solution Rafal was going to deal with.

The school master slightly nodded. He gently placed the weakest scim on his pale palms. It was hissing flatteringly instead of vengefully. He gazed at it thoughtfully. His fingerglow filled with parlous darkness.

Being controlled by the dark mist, the weak scim was killed by the school master coldly. Licking the fishy blood from his thick lips, Rafal poured the potion with Japeth's hair into the scim's mouth. Within a flash of pure lumination, the scim had become man-like, as Japeth. However, its body was ice-cold, doubtlessly dead.

"Nice trickery. The only matter is how you use my body and Agatha's identity. " Japeth sniggered, withdrawing his sword from his father.

"Well. The exact starting date of the first trial is around the corner. I guess you understand the deeper meaning. Where's that thing located? " The school master returned a suspicious grin.

Japeth scowled, the wry atmosphere put a slight quirk in his mouth.

"Agatha, Agatha!!! " The prince's high-pitch voice shook them both.

"...... " Rafal eyed Japeth.

And they both sniggered. Japeth leapt behind the bushes, racing away from the scene before the plucky prince turned up in his clothes soaked. The school master appeared in his Agatha form. Looking at Tedros like seeing an insane person.

"Have you been drowning, ...dear?" Rafal finally croaked a sentence.

"How dare you... leave in this way from me so long? I was exhausted. I thought you were dead, but that's making me a crazy and weird person now! " Tedros shrieked furiously, probably heartbroken.

Rafal tried not to play a grin on his lips, pretending to be depressed and turned away from the frustrated prince. He played some recorded slight sobbing sound. His was in fact like: "Urgh, what an awful scene for evers. I'd better throw up. "

"Buck up. That's quite harsh to deal with the scims. Yep, I guess Japeth was around here, but then, I haven't seen a trace of him. Therefore, I grabbled. " Rafal explained hoarsely, obviously acting.

"Doubtlessly? " The prince questioned.

"Yep. Yep and a yes in determination. "The school master nodded firmly.

Tedros scanned him but had chosen to trust him. He meant the Agatha. He informed him to withdraw and stay tuned and alerted.

Along the walk, the school master saw a scim twisting behind a bush. Then he was certain. His plan would work, with their efforts. Unless... right. They shall get back the One True King storybook. And that's the real aim to interfere with the first trial.

He wondered if Sophie was there, his heart sank. He touched his heart, which hadn't been pumping since his death caused by his love.

He was abandoned, by Sophie. At the moment, he refilled it with hope, a new source of energy. Other than regaining his throne, he had to prove. That nevers' hearts won't be abandoned. Anymore.

___________________________________________________________________

That's a long period after my last update. And... I have been busy during this period with my school and personal events. I'm not certain about whether I'll update this story anymore, but... I'll say I'd tried. I might be updating this. However, not frequently. To read or not read, at your choice. The trial is linked with that in the sixth book, very tightly.

At last, a huge thanks to readers, that over 1100 people read my fanfic story.