Part 2: meet the lover

Jasmines POV
I was waiting at the door for quite some time, bags in hand. I finally got adopted from the orphanage! I found a nice house smack dab in the middle of Orange Lake. Sure, it's not the biggest, but anything's better without 15 siblings and 1 mother. As I raised my hand to the door, my knock was stopped as it sprung open with the sight of a lovely looking woman. "Why hello, Jasmine! I've been expecting you." Said the woman. "Oh It's lovely to meet you as well, Ms. Gauthier" I said, adding a warm smile. "One second dearest, I'll head inside and grab my daughter! She's around your age, I'm sure you'll get along." Said Ms. Gauthier. "Oh, that sounds awesome!" I exclaimed.  I hadn't realized the adoption meant I'd get a sister! I was so excited.  I heard Ms. Gauthier yell for her daughter, though I couldn't exactly hear a response. But, by the sounds of rushing footsteps pounding at each stair, I assumed they were on their way. "This is my daughter" said Ms. Gauthier. I gave a slight nod, but a reassuring smile. Even though I hadn't seen who it was yet, I knew I was excited. At least, that was what I thought.

When I opened my eyes, my face went from a happy, soft smile to a stone-cold nothing.
"Uh... I j-" I started. "Oh yes, this is my daughter! Jasmine, please introduce yourself to Morgan!" Said Ms. Gauthier. I sat there, eyes locked with Morgan's for a good minute. Why was she blushing so hard? Was I that annoying? I didn't know. All I knew was that this... this was the opposite of what I expected.