Part 3: Ginger

Morgan's POV

Yeah, this is definitely awkward. It's been a day since jasmine moved in with us, and I haven't talked to her once. Mom insisted on Jasmine sleeping in my room, which I obviously objected to, but nonetheless it still ended up happening. It's not that I don't want her in my room. No, that would be cool. But after bullying her since grade 4, I decided that having the girl I love stay in my room would make me bully her even more. And surely, it did. I think she's been more depressed these last day then she's ever been at school. I knew my mind was rambling on, but I couldn't stop. It's only first thing in the morning, and-
"MORGAN, JASMINE!"

We looked each other in the eyes. "I wonder what it is?" Asked Jasmine. Shocked that she finally spoke to me, I blushed furiously. I knew I was blushing but I couldn't stop it. "Um... yeah same" I said, trying to sound cool. But that didn't work, and I know that because she just kind of nodded at the door. I could tell she was signalling for us to leave, so we did. We sprinted down the stairs. I knew that mom was the one calling for us, but there was a hint of excitement in her voice which led me to believe that this was something fun. But when I got to the kitchen, I froze. I felt a little, furry creature rubbing against me. I screamed when I thought it was a cat, because I really hate cats. But nope! "Thank goodness it's just a mouse" I thought to myself. But when Jasmine noticed, she screamed louder then an elephant. Then, out of nowhere, she sighed in relief. "Thank god that cat got rid of the mouse!" she said. "Where did it come from? It's so cute!"

I froze once again, this time seeing the eyes of a monster from beside the fridge, chewing the dead mouses body. "Oh, there you girls are! I see you've met our cat :)" Said mom. I didn't know what to say. Cat? I hate cats! Mom knows this! It was just a ginger little cat, so ugly I could throw up. "What's its name?" Said mom. Me and Jasmine looked at each other and nodded, signalling we would say our answer at the same time.

"Murderer"
"Ginger"

"Okay girls figure this out, I'm heading to the store" Said mom.

We looked back at each other. I thought we had the same answer, but I guess we didn't. Oh well, I gue-"Murderer? What kind of name is that!?" Exclaimed Jasmine. "At least it's better then ginger. Where's your creativity, Ms. Orphan?" I said, regretting it as soon as the words came out of my mouth. I clasped my lips in my hand, wishing I had could seal them forever. "That... That was uncalled for." I said. But she couldn't hear me. She was already gone, and all I could hear were her soft cries that had become all too familiar. I glanced at the cat, who was now sat down at my feet with a funny look on its face. He looked confused.

"Don't worry. I'm confused too...

Ginger