The Only Fair thing To Do

Bella was sitting in the concrete cell that Victoria had put her in. She watched as the vampire paced around, trying to decide what to do with her. It was getting late, so she decided on figuring it out in the morning. Victoria laid down on an uncomfortable looking cot, and what all had happened that day flooded back to her. She had watched Edward kill her beloved James, and then he taunted her about it. She was alone now, she had no protection, her mate was gone. The longer she thought about it, she became more and more upset, struggling to get comfortable without his strong arms around her. Soon, she was crying. Loud, gasping sobs filled with pure heartbreak. Bella listened as her own eyes filled with tears, she couldn't imagine how upset she'd be if something happened to Edward. James wouldn't be dead if it wasn't for her, so she figured there was only one fair thing to do. Do her best to serve as a replacement for James. She opened the cell door, which Victoria had forgotten to lock, and stepped closer to her, hearing her say something about how she couldn't sleep without him holding her between sobs. She bent down beside her, surprising her a bit and rubbed her arm. Victoria briefly tried to push her away, but she didn't feel like it. Her whole body was wracked with painful wails and Bella shushed her gently.
"Do you need some help falling asleep?" Bella asked, softly. Victoria hesitated, but, she was desperate, so she nodded.
"You said something about how you can't sleep without being held, right?" She asked. Victoria cried harder at the thought of her dead mate, and nodded again. Bella stroked her forehead and asked "How did he used to hold you? What was your favorite position?"
Victoria hiccupped and sat up on her makeshift bed. She instructed Bella to lay down, and she did so. Victoria crawled on top of her, then pulled the blanket over both of them. Bella wrapped her arms tight around her. The vampire kept crying into Bella's chest, and she eventually whimpered "Tighter.." Bella nodded and held Victoria tighter. She instantly felt her relax, and she quickly fell asleep.

The next morning, Bella woke up, and Victoria was gone. She assumed she was out hunting, and she was grateful and a little surprised that she hadn't chosen her for breakfast. She left the small building and quickly saw the trail where Victoria had gone into the woods. She stood at the treeline, until she heard the now familiar sound of her crying. She sprinted into the thick underbrush and soon found her, on the ground, holding her ankle. She bent down beside her and rubbed her back. "What happened?" She asked. She picked her up and held her close, and she clung to her, wailing for her mate. Bella gently began stroking her hair, as she had seen James do for her a couple times, and she immediately began to calm down. Bella smiled a little and continued playing with her soft, curly hair until she stopped crying completely.