Still Heartbroken

That night, Bella had convinced Victoria to sleep alone in the guest bedroom. She needed some cuddles with Edward and she knew it'd be good for Vicki to learn to fall asleep without help again. And, she had done a pretty good job. Now, all they had to do was hope she stayed asleep.

At about 2 AM, they couple was woken abruptly by Victoria's panicked cries.
"Ugh... another nightmare..." Bella mumbled into her pillow. "I'll get her." Edward volunteered before getting up and going to the guest bedroom. Victoria was curled up in a ball, bawling into her blankets. Edward rubbed her back gently, being careful not to frighten her. She turned over onto her back so she could see who was there, and she immediately reached out to be picked up. Edward lifted her out of bed, and held her close. She was shaking badly from fear as Edward rocked her gently.

A while later, Victoria still hadn't calmed down, so Edward too her back to Bella. "Yeah, this isn't working." He said, gesturing to the still wailing Victoria. Bella sighed and patted the bed, telling him to lay the vampire down. He did so, and Bella pulled her close to her, playing with her slightly tangled hair and whispering soothing words in her ear. After a few minutes, Bella could hear Victoria saying something, but she couldn't understand her due to her crying and having her face buried in her chest. Her heart broke, though, when she was able to make out what she way saying.
"James... please don't leave me.. please, I need you..." she whimpered into Bella's chest, still crying intensely. Bella looked up at Edward, her eyes full of tears. Edward sighed sadly and gave Victoria a pat on the back.