Bella's Cold

It was early, only about 4 in the morning, and Bella woke up abruptly from a coughing fit. She wondered for a few seconds why she'd been coughing, but then she realized how bad she felt. Her head and throat hurt, she was shivering and her muscles ached. She grabbed a tissue off her nightstand and blew her nose, only to see Victoria crouched on the bed, staring at her with a concerned look on her face. She was nearly startled at the fact that she'd managed to sneak in there silently and it only took her as long as it took Bella to blow her nose. But, her worried expression calmed her nerves. "Hey Vicki." She said, her voice weak and nasal. "What's wrong?" Victoria asked, observing Bella's unusually pale complexion. Bella attempted to reply, but she only sneezed, causing Victoria to jump back a bit. Bella started crying a bit, she was totally miserable and Edward was out hunting, so she had no one to help her. Unless...
She again made eye contact with the vampire in front of her, and Victoria's expression was oddly soft and compassionate. She crawled closer to Bella and snuggled up to her, allowing her own cold skin to soothe Bella's fever. Bella whined at the cold, she was already chilled enough, but it also felt nice. She pulled the vampire on top of her then wrapped them both in both of her blankets. Victoria was loving the warmth, and Bella was starting to feel a bit better already due to her fever being slightly reduced. Yet another sneezing fit caused Victoria to pull back slightly in disgust. Bella teared up once again and apologized profusely, which softened the vampire up again, and she nuzzled her. Bella sniffled a little, and Victoria plucked another tissue from the nightstand and handed it to her. Bella smiled gratefully at her,and took the tissue, dabbing daintily at her nose.

Eventually, Bella had finally managed to get comfortable, and she was on the verge of falling asleep as Victoria cuddled with her. Just as they both drifted off, Edward came quietly into the room, and smiled. Victoria really was becoming a sweet girl.