Audition

Sitting in your last class you watch the clock on the wall tick slowly. Toby makes a silly face at you and mocks the teacher making you laugh. The teacher turns your you freeze as their about to reprimand you but a loud ring floods the classroom as the school bell goes off. Getting out of your seat quickly scraping chairs and students chatting are heard as everyone rushes to leave the classroom.  

  The boys wait for you at the front of the class and following after them you avoid the sea of people by taking the back route to your lockers. Stretching as you walk you let out a loud yawn making Jim chuckle.

 "Didn't sleep well?" He questions. Noticing small bags beginning to develop you shrug.

 "Did you?" He shakes his head no. Smiling at him he smiles back about to say something but Toby pulls at his arm tugging him forward. Yawning again you resent not getting enough sleep. Blinky and Aarrrgh had visited you all last night and a lot had happened since their visit.

 Jim had come to terms with the fact that he was the Trollhunter and had accepted the mantle of the amulet and all it's responsibilities, he was also maybe trying out for the play today you weren't sure if that was going to be an accident or intentional on his part, and you were still stuck in this world. It was a lot to take in and think about.

 Zoning out you hum as someone bumps into you. Snapping you back you blink and focus on Toby and Jim.

 Smiling at them you'd decided not to bring up where you were from and that this wasn't your world quit yet. You'd have to tell them eventually and hopefully find a way to leave this world but for now you were having fun learning about Arcadia and all it's secrets. Also you really wanted to see Trollmarket before you went home... If you could go home. You weren't sure if that was even an option. 

 Shaking your head trying to clear it you try to think of something else. Walking down the now mostly empty hallway you observe the passing posters. Games, rallies, and the school play decorate the walls. You see a picture of Romeo and Juliet dead and you swallow.

 Speeding up you pop some sore joints as you keep tailing Toby and Jim. Heading outside Jim holds open the door for you so you can pass.

 "Thanks Jim." Nodding at him you flinch when you turn away and are met with the harsh sun. Hissing softly Jim chuckles while Toby snorts. You glare before ducking under one of the schools overhangs for shelter.

 They go back to what they were talking about and Jim smacks Tobies head playfully at whatever he just said. Blinking you try and wake up a little. You want to be more attentive but you feel yourself zoning out. Your mind is a mess of fog and it's like you can't get out.

  You'd been restless the night before. Strange dreams kept you tossing and turning, your body never getting a chance to rest. Quiet whispers and strange flashes almost like memories that weren't yours kept your mind busy all night. It didn't help that you woke to an empty house. As you were getting ready that morning the house had been eerily still. There was no sign of "your" parents. You felt like a ghost haunting a home that wasn't yours. This place had your room from your world and pictures of your family but it wasn't your home. Something about it just felt wrong. Like looking in a warped mirror.

 Closing your eyes to keep tears from spilling you don't want to think of it anymore. The more you thought of it the more your head burned and your chest hurt. Taking a deep breath in you change your thoughts to the upcoming play instead. Romeo and Juliet.

 Your mind reels and you wonder what was going to happen next. Bular and Jim would meet tonight and Jim would begin his training soon. He'd also accidentally try out for the play after telling Strickler that's what he was going to do. At least it should go something like that.